Author
Topic: 1954 G/R test notes  (Read 29623 times)
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 03:41:58 pm »

Hi

I was hoping that some members might be able to help me with this question.

Bare with me but my understanding of a test note is the idea of the printing company trying a new technique/paper /ink ( I'm sure list can go on) to see how well a note weathers in circulation.

My question is

Does anybody know what they were testing with the G/R note? Is their a way to have some sort of test done to compare a G/R test note and a regular G/R note?

If this has already bin discussed could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
MG
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 03:45:37 pm by Mortgage Guy »

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 05:27:18 pm »

Please check p228 of the Charlton catalogue, 22nd edition. I am not aware of any further detail beyond what appears there.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 06:40:17 pm »

I'm curious to know what "These notes were subject to treatment" means. Is this an assumption? Also has the document from the Bank Of Canada stating the ranges of the G/R test note ever been published to the public?

As an owner of a G/R test note i am interested in the historical factor of this note.
If you are able to help out please fell free to post here or contact me directly at
canadianbanknotes@gmail.com

Thanks again
Marc

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:25:25 am by Mortgage Guy »

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition

Login with username, password and session length