Author
Topic: This will be big  (Read 19226 times)
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:03:38 pm »

With 2011 upon us I have decided to let go of certain pieces in my collection.
The sale will consist of low numbered notes from 1954 to present,graded and raw.
Quite a selection of PMG 67,66,65 Solids,ranging from 1954 to present,all denominations.

In my collection are several error notes,a few which have not seen the light of day in 5-10 years.

The sale will be a approximate value of $80,000.00 retail,or full bore Mexican!

The notes will consist of runs,gems,cu's,unc's,PMG,CCGS,PCGS,and as previously stated,raw unslabbed Gem Uncs.

You can expect some very rare notes,not seen in the market place often.I'm excited to share them with you all.

Several notes,graded PMG,are valued over $10,000.00 each!

My reason for posting here and not in the trading post is I can not be specific as I'm in Mexico,this is a heads up.
Most important of all,I will not accept any other form of payment but Canadian 1oz Gold Maple Leafs or Canadian 1oz Silver Maple Leafs.
Of course the payment will be converted from cash to said coin at market rates on settlement day.
Cash will not be accepted.You will have to hit your local coin dealer up if you wish anything I have for sale,and you have none in inventory as payment.
Only Canadian Bullion will be accepted and it must be .9999

Stay tuned,keep your eyes on the Forum Trading Post in Jan.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:06:06 pm by twoinvallarta »

moneycow
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 04:58:16 pm »

Most important of all,I will not accept any other form of payment but Canadian 1oz Gold Maple Leafs or Canadian 1oz Silver Maple Leafs.
Of course the payment will be converted from cash to said coin at market rates on settlement day.
Cash will not be accepted.You will have to hit your local coin dealer up if you wish anything I have for sale,and you have none in inventory as payment.
Only Canadian Bullion will be accepted and it must be .9999

???
I can't believe no one else has posted a WTF.
Daamg
  • Can you ever really get it all?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:35:20 pm »

It will be interesting to see what comes up.  I have no problem with the terms of payment...money is money.  You can't run large amounts of Gold or silver through your cheqing account.  To me it is just moving investments around.  Only my opinion.

Happy New Year!

Daamg
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 06:15:56 pm »

Code: [Select]
Surely you meant 'why would that be'

That would deserve a response.

That's the second response of late that would suggest a pharmacuetical overdose has taken place.

twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 06:17:51 pm »

Hi Daamg

Yes,simple and yet effective asset re-allocation.

I will take the green provided it is tied to the then current pog,pos.Buyers choice.

1 note will be valued at approx $20,000.00 retail,thats book value plus or minus a touch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:20:23 pm by twoinvallarta »

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 06:42:41 pm »

I've had a complaint from another member regarding this thread and how some comments seem to be of a personal nature. Let's keep this professional, folks. If you don't agree with the original poster's terms, nobody said you have to engage in a transaction with him.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 07:29:19 pm »

Will you accept payment in Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium or perhaps Plutonium-239 ?

...Arthur  ;D

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:18:19 am »

Arthur,trying to circumvent the extensive thought that went in to my re-allocation efforts?

After careful consideration,you have indeed given me food for thought.Being a mineral man these past few years,Canada eh,I will accept uranium( after all we are 1 of the top 3 producers in the world .

Yellowcake will promptly be rejected and the authorities will be called! >:(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:28:14 am by twoinvallarta »

moneycow
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 02:25:30 pm »

I will accept uranium

Excellent!  I just happen to work for one of the yellowcake producing uranium giants.  Should be much easier than hitting up the local coin dealers.   :)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 05:06:52 pm »

Excellent!  I just happen to work for one of the yellowcake producing uranium giants.  Should be much easier than hitting up the local coin dealers.   :)

:o Seriously? or am I just too gullible  ;D

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 09:08:14 pm »

Stay tuned,keep your eyes on the Forum Trading Post in Jan.

January is gone......February is gone...now it's March......did I miss anything.... :-[

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 10:53:46 pm »

January is gone......February is gone...now it's March......did I miss anything.... :-[

Yes, you did.  Gold is at another all-time high  ;)

Seriously, though, I'm finding it's taking a long time to get e-mail responses from several people this week.  That's the information age for ya... all this technology makes it easier and more convenient to be ignored  :-X

No hay banda  
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 10:22:30 am »

"January is gone......February is gone...now it's March......did I miss anything"

Let me start by apologizing for not updating this thread.
I have kept anyone that has contacted me via pm or email abreast of the circumstances regarding the delay.

I have not returned to Canada,I had two major setbacks to my health,both at different times,my cardiologist forbid me flying.
So I'm stuck in Mexico! That's so bad,isnt it! ;)

The notes coming up for sale are in a bank safety deposit box,I need to return home before this sale can commence.

We are now targeting Apr/May sometime.

And how 'bout that gold!If you didn't understand why I chose the payment methods I did,perhaps you're getting there! ;D
Silver is up 60% in the last 6 months.The dollar, USD or $C.?
You do the math.

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »

Thanks for the update....and hope all goes well health wise :)
FRIEDSQUID

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 06:30:08 pm »

Silver is up 60% in the last 6 months.The dollar, USD or $C.?
You do the math.

Sounds like you're 6 months late  :P

Just teasing.

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 07:22:11 pm »

"Sounds like you're 6 months late"

My thoughts exactly!

Fortunately,for me,history shows with gold 60% above its all time high back in the 80's,and silver trading 40% BELOW its all time highs ,would portend silver moving above $70 per oz.
Now before anyone gets crazy,many other factors go in to this comparison.
But that would take us way off topic.

You can still pay in either "currency"...ohhh...did he say that?......currency???

Bernie
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 05:26:13 pm »

...  After careful consideration,you have indeed given me food for thought.Being a mineral man these past few years,Canada eh,I will accept uranium( after all we are 1 of the top 3 producers in the world . >:(
Which isotope of uranium?
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 06:41:11 pm »

Which isotope of uranium?

I'm betting it's isotope uranium-235 .... ;)

buxvet
  • Is there anybody in the ceremony is about to begin
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 01:22:27 pm »

Ha.... I remember discussing gold values with you a few years back
when it was about $ 800 and you said it was going to $ 2000.
Well coming up on $ 1475 your prediction is half way there and I now
believe you will be correct

Andrew
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 12:25:50 pm »

Welcome back buxvet!
I have often wondered what became of you.
I too have gone through several difficult periods these last 3 years but here we are! :)

Yes,I remember our conversations well.Gold and silver are on a launch pad,I will not give you what I think in the here and now.The Forum will think I'm nuts.yet so far so good.

Lets just state for the record,inflation has only just begun,will really be felt in July/August this year(bonds are the key here).

All this preamble is too stay on topic.Inflation will hit the paper money  market(I'm bullish)once again,it will leave many behind.

If you thought Charlton was outdated by distribution dates in the past,get a load of the 2013 Catalogue when it hits! They will not be able to keep up with the inflationairy pressures that will tusnami this area.

Get ready for more opportunists than ever before.

buxvet
  • Is there anybody in the ceremony is about to begin
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 04:18:34 pm »

Well go on then
I'd be interested to hear what you have to say

And although your bullish on Paper money I bet you are way more bullish
on gold and silver, which would explain why you may want to move some of your
collection and reallocate

Somehow I think you Gold target may have gone up..... A LOT

I was gonna buy ABX,t about 2 maybe 3 weeks ago. If I remember the Fri
close was about 47.75 and I let my broker talk me out of it on Mon Morn
based on the market rolling and he expects a near future mkt selloff
a few weeks before I dumped RY,t the day before earning at 57 and it promptly
went to 60....He told me not to...I didn't listen. So I thought I'd better listen :'(

If the forum will think your crazy you can PM
I probably won't

Cheers
Andrew
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:21:48 pm by buxvet »
rarecoins2001
    • One coin per country collectors group
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 05:43:56 pm »

I had a $1000 1988 note that I was keeping for my collection and then I realized that it will only be worth $1050-1100 for a long time so I took it and bought $1000 worth of silver bars at $32 per oz.  That was about 31oz that has gone up $8+ per oz so I have made almost $250 which is more then the bill was worth.  The only drawback was that the seller agreed the note was real he still would not take it so I had to deposit it at my bank.  At the bank I had all kinds of people coming to look at it from  back offices and only one of them had actually seen one.

twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 06:37:53 pm »

Well go on then
I'd be interested to hear what you have to say

And although your bullish on Paper money I bet you are way more bullish
on gold and silver, which would explain why you may want to move some of your
collection and reallocate

Somehow I think you Gold target may have gone up..... A LOT
you can PM

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew,

We are going to see well above $2000.
Lets continue this off the CPMF,if you wish.

twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 06:46:54 pm »

I had a $1000 1988 note that I was keeping for my collection and then I realized that it will only be worth $1050-1100 for a long time so I took it and bought $1000 worth of silver bars at $32 per oz.  That was about 31oz that has gone up $8+ per oz so I have made almost $250 which is more then the bill was worth. 

I think short term you've done well.Long term you will do better.
Trading Au/Ag is a fools game.Hold long term,you will keep your wealth.

Paper Money is quieter,yes,but,in my opinion it will heat up again.There are waves of liquidity about to be unleashed(and some has entered the market,think stocks,gas,oil, food,medicine)into the market.

Most think low interest rates a good thing.They are not.This is about to change,banks will loosen the strings once again,lending will become mainstream once more,and inflation will rise.Long term bad,short term as in 2-3 years good.
The paper money market will soar once more.

There's my free advice.And I'm not selling anything.
Listen,don't,makes no difference to me and mine. :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:53:39 pm by twoinvallarta »

twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 05:54:20 pm »

And so it begins!

Lot #1 now available.See the Trading Post.

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 07:18:48 pm »

Did the tsunami hit yet?

No hay banda  
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 12:16:02 pm »

???
I have been working with Robert for about 10 years in the realm of paper money, and trust him to be legit.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2016, 02:41:50 am »

While the ? may have been rhetorical in nature " Did the tsunami hit yet? " , I'd certainly argue it has landed in high end , high grade , rare notes.

While I will not drone on about different selling prices I've seen or experienced, let's just say that I did a transaction with one of the largest currency dealers in N .A ., all very rare and graded PMG 65 or better.With a book value at the time of $40,000 CAD , I was able to capture $70,000 CAD for this lot.

Another prime example is a forum member I dealt with several years back.One of the finest gentlemen in the hobby/biz who sold me a note booking at $1700. After intense negotiation I settled with a buy price of $10,000.00.That very same notde has seen a recent offer of $13,000.It still books at $1700 in the 29th CPMC.

Anyone following Heritage , or some of the other dealers of high end paper money certainly will tell you buys are commanding premiums that astound them.In example Heritage just sold a coin for a record $15 million.

Tsunami? Not in 1967 $1 notes , nor will you find it in 1986 solid numbered notes .The wave has arrived, taking hold in a very small corner of the market, the trickle down effect will come.Indications are late 2017 to 2018.We shall see, it is a guessing game for sure.The C.B . 's took the financial world for a tailspin with negative interest rates and wiping out savers while triggering asset inflation in housing via the unheard of low interest and cheap value to loan ratio.For brevity and to stay on topic I will not delve into credfit swaps, bullion bank selling , currency manipulation ect.All keeping inflation under wraps from public view.But did it really?

OT-Hello Hudson.Nice to see you here.We lost contact, Id love to converse once more.Same email.Cheers

Login with username, password and session length