Author
Topic: remove some slab  (Read 6218 times)
devin98
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:14:45 pm »

I am having a hard time with somethingI have two $1 devils face notes CCGS UNC 63.  I really want to cut them out as I would like to place them into my 3 page binder collection for viewing. 

But for some reason I am having a really hard to opening up the plastic.

Thoughts/Comments/Concerns.

Thanks!
-Devin
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:56:12 pm »

Only a suggestion..instead of cutting them out why not just buy a plastic page that holds 2 graded/slabbed notes. The pages will likely fit in the binder you have and wont look that out of place anyways... that way you still have the added advantage of having the graded notes slabbed should you ever want to sell them down the road
  FRIEDSQUID

If you insist on cutting them watch out if you use an xacto knife
I have seen an instance where the person zigged when they should have zagged and cut the note by accident....was not a pleasant sight, nor a very pleasant evening  :'(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:58:45 pm by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:15:10 pm »

Honestly, retrain yourself from cutting the notes from its holder, you might be really disappointed with the notes actual condition  :'(

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
devin98
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:18:38 pm »

Where would you get these pages I have yet to see them? they are CCGS graded notes so I guess its the standard holder?

Only a suggestion..instead of cutting them out why not just buy a plastic page that holds 2 graded/slabbed notes. The pages will likely fit in the binder you have and wont look that out of place anyways... that way you still have the added advantage of having the graded notes slabbed should you ever want to sell them down the road
  FRIEDSQUID

If you insist on cutting them watch out if you use an xacto knife
I have seen an instance where the person zigged when they should have zagged and cut the note by accident....was not a pleasant sight, nor a very pleasant evening  :'(
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 05:12:22 pm »

Where would you get these pages I have yet to see them? they are CCGS graded notes so I guess its the standard holder?

{http://www.translinesupply.com/ProductImages/60/6745.PNG}

Login with username, password and session length