Author
Topic: Is there a place where one can obtain new Australian banknotes ie mint?  (Read 4933 times)
stashthecash

I am wondering if there is any place one can obtain uncirculated \Australian banknotes?
I tried some money exchange centers but have had no luck
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:40:14 pm »

Sometimes exchange offices have UNC world banknotes, it really depends on what they get shipped. I've had lots of luck getting UNC notes and new issues straight from them at exchange value. I just ask beforehand if the notes are new.

You should have asked earlier- I had a nice stash of UNC Australian notes that I ended up exchanging a few weeks ago.
coinboy
  • CPMS # 1351
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 11:24:01 pm »

there is or was a member called Australia....send him/her a PM,might be your connection

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 12:50:31 am »

I expect you're likely located in Canada and so this won't help much, but unlike the Canadian central bank, the Reserve Bank of Australia has cashiers where you can obtain new, uncirculated notes of any denomination at all times.  I exchanged some notes when I was in Sydney about two years ago.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
tmort
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 11:58:40 pm »

I had a friend who lives in Perth do this for me as well. They have uncirculated bills set aside for collectors.

CPMS member

Login with username, password and session length