Author
Topic: $100 Prefix Possibly Skipped?  (Read 4740 times)
FogDevil
« on: April 05, 2013, 12:25:00 pm »

I noticed on the SNDB that there was a prefix FKB, but the next prefix after that that was seen was FKD.  Is it possible that the prefix between FKB and FKD was intentionally skipped due to controversial reasons?  If so, it wouldn't be the first time a controversial prefix would be skipped by the BoC.

Of course, I can see there being two possible controversial prefixes on future $20 bills - when denominational letter "U" appears in a future CBN prefix series.  Though I may be dead by then.

One question I have about controversial prefixes:  Does the BoC still print those prefixes as usual, but not release them and recycle the Polymer and print an extra prefix to make up for the skipped controversial prefix?  And when banknotes were made from paper, were the controversial prefixes still printed as usual but destroyed and shredded afterwards?
AZ
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »

I noticed on the SNDB that there was a prefix FKB, but the next prefix after that that was seen was FKD.  Is it possible that the prefix between FKB and FKD was intentionally skipped due to controversial reasons?  If so, it wouldn't be the first time a controversial prefix would be skipped by the BoC.

Of course, I can see there being two possible controversial prefixes on future $20 bills - when denominational letter "U" appears in a future CBN prefix series.  Though I may be dead by then.

One question I have about controversial prefixes:  Does the BoC still print those prefixes as usual, but not release them and recycle the Polymer and print an extra prefix to make up for the skipped controversial prefix?  And when banknotes were made from paper, were the controversial prefixes still printed as usual but destroyed and shredded afterwards?

I am pretty sure FKC will be released, there is nothing controversial about it. The FK* prefixes just started circulating. Also, why would the BOC print millions of notes with controversial prefixes and then recycle or shred them?

The prefix tables indicate that these three prefixes have been skipped: GOD ($5), ALE ($2), ARS ($2), ASS ($20) and BUM ($2). ALE and ARS, however, were used for the Journey twenties.
FogDevil
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 08:51:21 am »

ALE ($2)

ALE was originally expected to be a $1 prefix, not a $2 prefix.

I don't see why ALE and ARS were skipped on their original $1 and $2 runs respectively, yet they appear on the Journey $20's two decades later.  I can fully understand the other three prefixes being skipped, though.

Login with username, password and session length