Author
Topic: A Comment on the SNDB  (Read 4232 times)
AlbertaGuy
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:04:05 pm »

This may not be of interest to the more senior members, but I just wanted to comment on the SNDB to the newer collectors like myself.

I really encourage you to start entering your notes into the SNDB, I think you find it makes the hobby that much more interesting. When I started I didn't think that I would benefit from it because in this day and age with debit cards, I was sure that I didn't handle much cash anymore. Turns out you actually do.

Anyway if you aren't already entering your notes I would start. You might even find some interesting notes right in your pocket.   :)

AG

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:22:51 pm »

You're absolutely right - Just yesterday I found a new prefix.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »

Just yesterday I found a new prefix.

- Yes, being the first to find a new prefix - its just satisfying in a way that's hard to explain. 

And at the risk of sounding something like a nerd (I know, I know... it takes one to know one  :-D )
...but heh- I do think its also sort of satisfying to record either a new HIGH or a new LOW serial number for that particular prefix.  And even if you know your number will be surpassed by a lower or hight number it is fun to see how long it lasts on the SNDB, etc. 

I never thought I'd be into the hobby this much but entering #'s into the SNDB is quite educational because it teaches me:
a) how rare any special numbered note is...
b) how rare any special prefix is...
c) a better insight into what some of the experienced folks on the forum are talking about...

Login with username, password and session length