Author
Topic: Not to be morbid, but...  (Read 4929 times)
therealco1986
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:47:22 am »

The Queen has been on the $20 bank note, and others, since 1935 (save the 1937 issue).  Who will they have on our $20 bank note when she eventually passes (though not that I hope it is any time soon).  Just something that I've been wondering??
FogDevil
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 08:28:43 am »

If I were to guess, one of two things might happen:

1) Queen Elizabeth II will likely be replaced with whoever the reigning monarch will be (King Charles, or whoever that reigning monarch may be); or

2) To allow consistency with other denominations of banknotes, the monarch may be replaced with a Prime Minister who has never appeared on our banknotes before.  Probably someone with historical significance that is fifth in rank.

I'm betting on #1 happening.
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 09:09:57 am »

I don't think it'll be another PM. That would upset the balance. The carefully-chosen four PMs right now are:
  • 2 Liberals, 2 Conservatives
  • 2 wartime, 2 peacetime
  • 1 Ontarian, 1 Quebecker, 1 Nova Scotian ,and one foreign born

I can't think of any PM that could be added that would not upset the apple cart on at least one of the above.

Word has it that prince Charles will take the regnal name of George VII. That's my guess.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 02:25:56 pm »

Let's put deserving Canadians or Canadiana on our notes.

Politicians? None worthy.

Royalty? From another country? Off with their heads!

Back to nature? Naturally.

Frank_Lut
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 06:05:22 pm »

The Queen has been on the $20 bank note, and others, since 1935 (save the 1937 issue).  Who will they have on our $20 bank note when she eventually passes (though not that I hope it is any time soon).  Just something that I've been wondering??

I know it's crass and morbid to say, but I know many that are holding on to their $20 1935 BoC until the Queen passes, because it's likely the note's value will skyrocket
Fosse
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 03:41:28 pm »

Sadly that may be true!

Login with username, password and session length