Author
Topic: History in the making? TD machines accept cash without envelopes  (Read 25304 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:21 pm »

TD seems to be piloting a new type of ATM!

I went to a small branch near Square One in Mississauga a few weeks back and now they have an ATM where you can actually select denominations, offering everything from $5-$100 bills. You can deposit /withdraw up to 200 bills at a time and it looks like it makes deposited books available immediately for withdrawal.

I had no problem requesting 100 $5 notes in a single withdrawal - I think I've found my new favourite ATM.  ;D

This has been on since early this year:

Locations:

1677 Avenue Rd., North York, ON
4188 Living Arts Drive Unit 5., Living Arts & Prince of Wales, Mississauga, ON
4630 HWY 7, Unionville, ON
9350 Yonge St., Hillcrest Mall, Richmond Hill, ON

The 4188 Living Arts Drive Branch is actually without any tellers. It is called a Sales Advice Centre with cash accessibility via ATM only.

Read about it here:

http://td.mediaroom.com/2015-01-21-TD-announces-test-locations-for-new-Smart-ATMs

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 11:27:11 pm »

Thats funny, because one of the last (old) bank machines to dispense $5 notes was in Square One. Were the $5's from the new TD machine UNC notes?

These are like any other  machines. They dispense all condition of notes.

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 11:29:50 pm »

Sounds awesome!  No more pesky clerks making a 100 note withdrawal seem like tooth-extraction! Now only if they'd put one of those ATM's near me...
 ::)

Not necessarily true. They are still limited by what is available in them. I have had situations where the machine will not accept any more notes for deposits and it will not always give out denominations you want.

Lamb
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 11:18:21 pm »

Could we hope that soon some ATMs would give out UNC notes of specified denominations in specified quantity, with or without administrative fee ?

John
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 06:16:43 pm »

It seems like TD has transformed their machines to accept cash without envelopes. I have not seen a single machine in the major centers around GTA which still has envelopes for depositing cash or cheques.

Interestingly enough they got a little device which is now used by tellers to process the cheques electronically right at the counter. I have seen that same device in other banks.

Depositing of cheques using mobile photographs has been around for a long time.

Now only if there was way to deposit cash by photographing it.  ;D

Login with username, password and session length