Author
Topic: Torex - Oct. 2015  (Read 5046 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« on: October 18, 2015, 10:26:27 pm »

I was wondering if there will be any opportunities to meet with bank note collectors at the upcoming Torex.

If anyone who will be attending and has copies of CPMS Journals that are not on-line that they can bring to look at that would be highly appreciated.

It would also be great to discuss with anyone who might have opinion on the topic of printing variations that show themselves every third note or so. I am working on an article and I have an article written on this topic from a Canadian Tire Money Collector. If anyone has examples of it with Bank of Canada notes and are willing to share that would also be appreciated.

If anyone is interested in seeing the cut date note I would be happy to bring it along. Any opinions on that would be welcome.

Please PM.

Thank you

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 06:30:27 am »

If you are looking for old copies of the CPMS Journal / Newsletter, please contact the CPMS Secretary-Treasurer.  I understand he has a number of back issues available.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 06:31:29 pm »

If you are looking for old copies of the CPMS Journal / Newsletter, please contact the CPMS Secretary-Treasurer.  I understand he has a number of back issues available.

Great idea. Will they be having a table at the show? It was pleasure meeting some of them at the Toronto Coin Expo.

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:02:34 am »

You would be best advised to contact the Secretary-Treasurer and/or the President.  Historically, the CPMS has not specifically had a table at any show I can recall in the last decade or more.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 05:48:08 pm »

How was the Torex this year? Anyone make the auction?  I wanted to go but had other plans... :'(

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:18 pm »

How was the Torex this year? Anyone make the auction?  I wanted to go but had other plans... :'(

I went on Saturday and it seemed busy. Maybe it was the compact area. I did meet up a few people. Someone who went on Sunday said it was not very busy.

Did not stay for the auction

I noticed that there were some dealers who were in Torex but not in Toronto Coin Exchange and vice-versa.

Login with username, password and session length