Author
Topic: How to price the in between Grades like CUNC 63/64?  (Read 7008 times)
Tanthalas17
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:40:04 am »

How do you price the in between grades? I have a bunch of graded notes that are Choice 63 or 64... I would assume they are worth more than the regular Choice 62? Does anyone have a calculation for this?

I also have a variety of graded notes in the EF/VF range with different grade values... thoughts?

Kind regards,
Chris
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:06:02 am »

There's no formula for this. You just have to use the old adage of a note being worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
Tanthalas17
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 02:10:54 am »

Thanks for the reply - there is always a formula. Your response is geared towards buyers not the sellers. You should be able to find a starting point for which an item is worth. Of course it will only be worth what a buyer will pay but you need to know what you're selling first.

Kind regards,
Chris
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:44:35 am »

A suggestion: Average the catalogue price between the lower and higher grades. If the note is VF30, it's the average between VF20 and EF40 prices; If it's a grade other than the straight average — say VF25 rather than VF30 — calculate the average between the VF30 price and the VF20 price. if it's a F15, calculate a third more than the standard Fine 12 price; for an F18, add two thirds or thereabouts from F12. Same for Unc grades between say 60 and 63 if the note is graded 62 or the ghastly TPG grade of 61. The grade of Unc. 63 is the "regular" choice uncirculated grade. If it's a 64, average the 63 and 65 prices. Same for all other grades from top to bottom.

Login with username, password and session length