Author
Topic: new completely unauthorized money designs - for fun  (Read 6431 times)
mileRunner
« on: July 23, 2017, 03:13:26 pm »

Just wanted to post these to see what people think! Let me know!!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:46:16 pm by BWJM »
tokens-girl
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 02:06:14 pm »

I very like it ! Who do this , nice prototype !
Tom-Bear
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 04:54:54 pm »

Very Nice! But I think the Queen ought to be on one of the notes, and I would suggest the 5.

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 07:53:08 pm »

So happy to see that there is interest in design of our bank notes.

I love the $100 with the urban feature . It is about time that we have something on the banknotes that majority of the people could relate to. I would probably consider other things for the vignettes of all the notes but clearly kudos to whoever that has taken the time to beign presenting alternative designs to the public.

At least we can have some real public debate about the content of our bank notes.

Thank you for sharing.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 09:44:47 pm »

I like your designs a lot. Very nice!

I like your addition of two non-politicians and non-royalty on the notes. I'd like to see all notes move in that direction. Many countries' notes now feature famous engineers, artists, musicians, scientists, authors, etc. I would like to see that here too.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
mileRunner
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 09:05:49 am »

Thank you for your comments! I'm actually toying around with a second design, but that's just in the beginning stages, in the meantime:

Tokens-girl: 'who did these?' - I did!

Tom-Bear: I had a similar concern with using the Queen's image. In the end I figured that there are enough Canadians that are worthy of being on our money, and that she's on every coin denomination anyway... But I like the idea of the Queen on the $5, makes a nice continuity with the coins and the bills.

Rupiah: I've always had an interest in the design of our money, not sure why... There are certain things that always struck me as patently Canadian, like the typeface treatment. In these bills I use the word 'Canada' in the same way as just about every Canadian stamp was designed in the 70s. (this treatment was also used in a variety of other places, not just stamps) In my eyes it almost became a kind of logo, this practice has been abandoned, I can understand designers wanting a bit more latitude, but I wanted to bring that back... While making these, one always comes to certain points in the process where there are several interesting directions one could take the design. I feel that while these are good I'd like to investigate something where the color plays a less heavy or dense role. So I'll probably be trying out some alternate things in a month or two when I have a few more days free. I'll post them here again when I'm done. In the meantime, any comments or suggestions are welcome!

Seth: Actually when I started these I had a slightly different group. Instead of Laurier (great image) I had Josiah Henson, and instead of Viola Desmond I had Therese Casgrain... Then I found out that Ms. Desmond was going to be on the $10, so I changed things around...
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 06:27:23 pm »

I like your ideas..... if I was to steer your direction, I would like to see two more important Canadians replace the two Prime Ministers, but I am a bit of a traditionalist where it comes to the $20.  The Monarch needs to remain on the $20; the monarchy is integral to our history and should not be forgotten.  I would suggest instead of the Queen, what would King Charles look like on the twenty.... it's going to happen sooner than later!

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
shrek999
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 10:33:16 pm »

I like your designs, good thought and creativity.  I would like more than one urban background from a feedback prospective, design away I am interested in what your next rendition looks like. :)
mileRunner
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 12:26:19 pm »

After a much longer wait - here is one of the designs that I was talking about - something less dense with color, more open...
funny how one or two months can become six or seven...

Can do the others you you guys like them, these are pretty rough technically, and at this point the others shouldn't take much time...

mileRunner
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:18:51 pm »

here are the others!

shrek999
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 09:39:00 pm »

Designs are interesting again, personally I am not a fan of Suzuki

Login with username, password and session length