Author
Topic: Whats a brick of Zambia Money Worth?  (Read 4392 times)
wagnert89
« on: April 21, 2019, 09:48:27 am »

Good morning, whats this worth?  Not familiar with this currency

AZ
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 10:01:21 am »

Good morning, whats this worth?  Not familiar with this currency
Unc bundles of these can be bought for US$40.00 on eBay. A brick (1000 notes) could be worth US$300 or so.
wagnert89
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 11:41:12 am »

I had a feeling it was not worth much, I have two of these.  I can not remember exactly how I acquired these but it must have been a decade ago.  Would be worth while to open the package and look through them?  Maybe  they have replacements (if they are even worth much of a premium)?
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 01:58:49 pm »

My 24th Ed Standard Catalogue of World Paper Money lists the 2006 100 Kwacha as P38f which gives it a $2.25 BV.

Would be worth while to open the package and look through them?  Maybe they have replacements (if they are even worth much of a premium)?

The above catalog states replacements have serial # prefix 1/X.  I personally would want to buy 100 for $40 & then hope they have radars/replacements but it's up to you. Not sure how their bank stack their SN but the best looks like a 7001700 repeater (if the numbers jump by 200). Oops- now I see you mention its a brick (so 1000) hmm- could be more possibilities there.

AZ
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 02:15:12 pm »

Would be worth while to open the package and look through them?  Maybe  they have replacements (if they are even worth much of a premium)?
The replacements for this issue have the prefix C*/X3, where the asterisk is any letter starting with A. The price is somewhere in the range from US$5 to $20. The regular notes are worth US$1 per note. eBay gives a good idea what to expect for common notes.
wagnert89
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 02:53:38 pm »

Thanks for the information! Ok, so I made a typo... It's a bundle not brick ( I had just woke up).  I have a K50 bundle too.  I looked through both bundles and they were in sequence with no replacements.  One note had some extra paper fibers (must be a bad or dull cut).  Anyways, if someone wants these, send me a PM with an offer.  Thanks for the help again

Login with username, password and session length