Author
Topic: Royal Bank of Scotland - Jack Nichlaus Honored  (Read 4645 times)
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« on: July 14, 2005, 07:05:13 pm »

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group to Issue Special Commemorative £5 Note in Honour of Jack Nicklaus
12 July 2005

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS) announced today that it will honour legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus by issuing a special commemorative £5 banknote bearing his image.  The note recognises his Open Championship victories at St Andrews and stands for what his illustrious career has meant for the game of golf in Scotland and around the world.

'I think that the honour that RBS has given me with the £5 note is unbelievable.  It is something that I have a hard time describing,' said Nicklaus, who has been an RBS ambassador since 2003.  'When RBS approached me and said ‘Jack, we'd like to put you on the £5 note,' obviously I said I'm deeply honoured.  It's one of the most memorable honours that I've had in my career.'

Howard Moody, Group Director of Communications at RBS said: 'Jack Nicklaus has long been the gold standard to which other golfers have been measured, and we felt that this was an appropriate way to honour his contribution to the game, to St Andrews and the Open Championship. He is a great sportsman and this is a fitting tribute to an outstanding career'

The note was formally unveilled at the Royal and Ancient Golf Club, site of this year's Open Championship.  A three-time winner of the tournament, Nicklaus won titles at St Andrews in 1970 and 1978, and will be playing his 38th and final Open Championship.

How to get a Jack Nichlaus Banknote

Any Scottish branch of The Royal Bank of Scotland.

Outside Scotland but in the UK, you can order a pack for £5 by standard post or £9 by special delivery. Please send your request along with your cheque or postal order payable to The Royal Bank of Scotland plc to:

Jack Nicklaus Commemorative Banknote Offer
Group Communications
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
36 St Andrew Square
Edinburgh
EH2 2YB, Depot Code 045

USA - email requests to JWNBanknotes@rbos.com

« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 07:13:32 pm by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.