Author
Topic: June issue of the CPMS News Letter  (Read 5312 times)
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« on: June 21, 2006, 06:53:05 pm »

did anyone get their June issue of the CPMS News Letter yet?  :-?

KC's Canadian Currency
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 08:21:28 pm »

Thanks Rachel

Just wanted to make sure it wasent lost in the mail. I heard it has a register of the scarcer Bank of Nova Scotia.  ;D

KC's Canadian Currency
Bob
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 09:55:19 pm »

It is my understanding (heh heh) that the BNS note register will include the 19th century notes and all the $20, $50 and $100.  Rumour has it, the June Newsletter was sent for printing late last week, so perhaps it will be showing up soon.
There is no 1913 BNS issue; you may be thinking of those great Royal Bank notes with the battleship and the train vignettes.  

Collecting Canadian since 1955
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 10:49:03 pm »

I did not think that the 1913 Royal Bank notes were so common.  :'( I have been saving a few for myself, mostly VF and EF. Paid premium buck for them but I am very proud of the buy.  Most of those I see on the market are VG - Fine so perharps these make up the bulk of the remainning. I usualy save most Royal Bank notes but the early stuff such as 1901 and 1909 are quite $$$.

KC's Canadian Currency
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 09:58:56 pm »

That is great to hear  ;D. I was a bit worried that I may have been duped on some of my purchases. I have been collecting chartered now for about two years and I try to learn as much as possible from these sites and watching ebay constantly. My collection is for the love of the hobby but I don't think I would put so much into  it if I knew it was a bad investment.  No complaints yet  ::)

KC's Canadian Currency

Login with username, password and session length