Author
Topic: Electronic Access to Newsletters  (Read 15120 times)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« on: April 17, 2008, 11:41:45 pm »

Hi folks,

If any CPMS members want to be able to access electronic PDF copies of past newsletters, please refer to page 4 of your March 2008 newsletter for more information. You can sign up to receive a login and password to an area of the CPMS website where you can download PDF copies of past newsletters in colour. When a new newsletter comes out, you will get an email notification saying that it is now available on the website.

Check your March 2008 CPMS newsletter for more info!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:20:41 am »

What do you do if you still haven't received your March newsletter???

Scott
Bob
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:52:56 am »

What do you do if you still haven't received your March newsletter???

Scott

I'd contact the secretary at
info@cpmsonline.ca

Collecting Canadian since 1955
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 01:36:33 pm »

The CPMS Newsletter for June 2008 has been posted to the CPMS website. You must be registered for electronic access to newsletters before you can login. If you are not yet registered, please refer to your March 2008 newsletter, or wait for your June 2008 newsletter in the mail.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:03:47 pm »

I have recently posted 9 additional back issues of the CPMS Newsletter to the website. These include September 2002 through September 2004. Enjoy!

If you have not yet registered for online access, check your most recent newsletter for instructions on how to register.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Bernie
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 11:12:18 am »

Thank you so much for posting a large fraction of the published CPMS Journals and Newsletters in pdf format online for use by its members. These have been invaluable to me in my research and for publishing articles in the Journal/Newsletter. Even though the publication of the indices has been valuable, one needs to either own or have easy access to the Journal/Newsletter hard copies. The hard copies also take up much more space than the pdf files.

For doing research, the most useful aspect of the pdf files is their searchability. This capability goes far beyond the indices since one can search all of the publications (say in a folder) for ANY phrase in a few seconds. Performing this kind of a search in the hard copies would be impossible.

I wrote about 8 articles between 2010 and 2012 for the Newsletter. I have slides that could be turned into at least 20 more articles. However, I have been holding back since I would like to search all previous CPMS publications to avoid repeating work done by others and for giving proper credit.

This brings me to my question: Where are the pdf files for the Journal between 1975 and 2011? Bob once intimated that these have been scanned but not placed online yet.

If they were put online, they would encourage me to publish more for the Journal. Additionally, I would make a sizable donation to the CPMS for having access to this information. Maybe others would also publish more and donate some? It could also help the society to retain members.

On the other hand, if they have not been scanned, I would be willing to scan them if someone (Bob?) would provide me temporarily with the hard copies that I do not have.
Bob
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 02:46:52 pm »

PM sent.

Collecting Canadian since 1955

Login with username, password and session length