Author
Topic: trouble accesing the CPMSOnline website  (Read 19325 times)
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« on: May 28, 2008, 04:26:55 pm »

Is anyone else having trouble accesing the CPMSOnline website?

KC's Canadian Currency
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:45:21 pm »

The CPMS website, as well as the Wiki site, and any of my other websites are presently down due to a hardware failure. No ETA has been provided by the hosting company. I apologize for the unexpected outage.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Hounddog
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 07:02:48 pm »

Hi! I had troubles also but eventually I did get in. I have this site on my favorites list and if you do also you can click on favorites and then click feeds go to a past date and look for a forum feed and click there and you will be in. This won't help anyone unable to log in right now but in the future if it happens again you can still enter this way.

Cheers hounddog

[img
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:28:41 pm »

Is someone had a recent access with the wiki.bwjm.ca website?

I tried to go to the BWJM's wiki site directly via the link from this forum and my browser returs me a message telling me that he doesn't find the server.... :-\ :-\ :-\

Is the site still exists?

[edit]Merging with previous related topic. --BWJM[/edit]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 04:36:21 pm by BWJM »

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:37:19 pm »

Both the Wiki site and the CPMS site are located on the same webserver. The server still appears to be down, and no further information is available from the hosting provider.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:36:16 am »

Thanks for the info.

blumax
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 04:58:27 pm »

Hey Brent - Any update on the wiki site status?  Thanks.

blumax
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:32:44 pm »

ANNOUNCEMENT

The following websites will be temporarily unavailable:
- Canadian Paper Money Society (http://www.cpmsonline.ca)
- BWJM.ca (http://www.bwjm.ca)
- BWJM.ca Wiki (http://wiki.bwjm.ca)
- My Currency Collection (http://currency.bwjm.ca)
- Online Canadian Paper Money Museum (http://www.moneymuseum.ca)

On May 27, 2008, the server on which the above websites were hosted had a fatal hard drive failure. All data was lost. As a result of this outage, I am presently researching new hosting providers.

Once a new provider is found, I will endeavour to return all affected websites to service.

As all data for the Wiki site was lost, I am officially asking for volunteers to recreate the high/low lists, and the note registers. I would also like to have some volunteers who are interested in creating an online encyclopedia about Canadian paper money. If you are interested in these roles, please contact me by PM as soon as possible. (Please note, this is not a request for new CPMF moderators).

Thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 07:41:30 pm »

Sorry, I wish I could help (Darn School Work  :'()

Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 07:45:35 pm »

It looks like some old pages from the Wiki are available as part of the Internet Archive project at www.archive.org

The last page listed is for Dec 10 2007... I am going through it now and seeing what can be salvaged re: data

Fenian

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 08:00:41 pm »

Ok, it looks like I have at least part of each registry, current to about mid-December last year. I have saved the lists into MS Word douments and am waiting for Brent to let me know where to send them....

Regards,

Fenian

CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:43:42 pm »

Ok, I have rescued what I can. Regrettably, the Archive didn't save every list. A great deal of the data on older notes (1935 and earlier) didn't get archived. I can only assume that the organization's bots were planning on savinf them next pass...

Anyone who is interested in helping with the restoration, or even if you just want the data, drop me a PM with your email address and I will see about sending you the Word files. If there is enough demand, I may host them as a zip file with Rapidshare.

Regards,

Fenian

CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 03:38:12 am »

Due to a marathon of work tonight, I am well on my way to getting things back up and running.

A new Wiki site has been created, and two eager volunteers have stepped forward to get this back in action as soon as possible. I will be updating the links on the Forum this week. The URL will change! You may need to update any bookmarks you have.

I have found a new hosting company and I have set up as many websites as possible. The CPMS website should be completely functional now. My personal website is partially functional as I need to convert some scripts to PHP.

My currency collection website will take a long time to restore as this needs to be completely recoded into PHP and suffered the worst data loss.

The Money Museum website will need to be recoded as well, but should be operational within a couple of days.

I also had a few other non-numismatic websites, and I have managed to get as much done there as possible.

It may take 2-3 days for the new address to propagate around the Internet, so some of you may not be able to access the sites right away. Your patience is appreciated.

If there are any more volunteers who would like to assist in maintaining the Wiki site, please talk to me by PM. It'll be a little crazy at first, but after things calm down, people can focus on specific areas. A bunch of people all doing a small amount of work can accomplish a LOT! ;D

Thanks!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:16:09 am »

A while ago I printed of the 1954 $1 asterisk notes ( *C/I and *V/V ) and I saved it to my computer!

Does this help?

StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 11:16:20 am »

Yes! It does! The Internet Archive never saved any of that data, and the information I received does not contain this information. I'll send you a PM.

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!

Login with username, password and session length