Author
Topic: FUN 09 Pickings  (Read 4833 times)
Oldbucks
    • Oldbucks Web site
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:02:56 pm »

I picked up a few FRBN Stars and other selected treasures. Sorry I am late posting these.

Jeff

My focus has been directed to obtaining collector rarities besides notes that are just darn good looking. I have been on a mission with the small FRBN Stars for a couple years now. Along those lines, I wanted to add that for the Large Legal Tenders shown above, for type set collectors there are other Fr. #s that are more plentiful and are not considered as rare.
The signiture combinations for these are more rare.... As far as "bang for the buck" I considered these note to be much more worthy than buying a Large Silver Certifcate 1923 Fr. 239.

ie....

Fr. 143 $20 1880 Legal Tender PMG Choice Very Fine 35. Track & Price lists 81 known pieces for this Friedberg number. PMG has seen 13 of them, four at this level and above, and nine below. The highest seen by PMG is an About Uncirculated 55.

Fr. 145 $20 1880 Legal Tender PMG Very Fine 25. This is a scarce Friedberg number with a census population in the low 60's and with this being the second highest of only six pieces graded by PMG. This scarcity is further borne out by the fact that we have never had more than one example in any of our 51 floor auctions going back to 1990.

[edit]Copied images to ImageShack and posted clickable thumbnails --BWJM[/edit]

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:37:41 pm by BWJM »

"Monstra Mihi Pecuniam" - Member of the Society of Paper Money Collectors - SPMC
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:36:58 pm »

Congratulations! Those are some fantastic notes.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length