Author
Topic: Front and back different grades  (Read 4148 times)
Art_1_ Paper
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:02:11 am »

Have a look at this note, the back seems very nice but the front is a bit rough.

What would be the grade on the front, the reverse and the net grade ?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:22:02 pm by BWJM »
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 02:55:18 pm »

As for the face, it looks like a VG to me.  As for the back, it does look to be in better condition.  But I think trying to apply two different grades to each side of a note is misleading.  So I would have to apply the lesser grade to the whole note; so the note in my book gets a grade of VG.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
laub25
  • RCNA J22890
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 06:51:59 pm »

note from URL removed right?

[edit]Posting a link to a third-party website that sells numismatic material is in violation of the following part of the CPMF Code of Conduct:

If you have questions or comments about an item posted on eBay, do not include a link to the eBay item and do not mention the seller's name. Please only post an image of the note, and/or the text of the description. Any comments made or implied about the buyer or seller of the item may be treated as libel per the above rule. Similar rules apply to items found in auction catalogues, dealer inventories and elsewhere.[/edit]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:45:39 pm by BWJM »
Art_1_ Paper
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 02:41:07 am »

As for the face, it looks like a VG to me.  As for the back, it does look to be in better condition.  But I think trying to apply two different grades to each side of a note is misleading.  So I would have to apply the lesser grade to the whole note; so the note in my book gets a grade of VG.

Thank you for your kind opinion. If that's how you grade, then I would please like to buy your entire collection ;)

(anything 1935 or older)
Hounddog
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 08:01:33 am »

I agree the back has better eye appeal however the folding that stands out on the front because of the soiling is still present on the back only with less soiling. I like the note and when looking at the front first I graded it Fine-15 and I don't think a back with better eye appeal can increase the grade. Not all F-15 notes are the same, some will have better eye appeal then others with yours there's a noticeable difference from front to back but in the end it's still F-15. IMHO!!!!

[img
Hounddog
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 08:29:53 am »

Wish to add to my previous post
Thanks for sharing Art_1_Paper

[img
Art_1_ Paper
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 02:14:16 pm »

I agree with the F-15 grade, but the back is really pretty, raised ink and all... Could be VF-30! Overall I think this note could pass for a VF-20 in the market if left ungraded and for the buyer to judge. But for now it'll stay in my collection :)

Login with username, password and session length