Author
Topic: FEP Insert FEP0089934 F  (Read 3863 times)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« on: December 12, 2006, 02:12:26 am »

Serial Number: FEP 0089934
Condition: Fine

Any idea what this guy is worth these days?

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 01:00:20 pm »

IMO:

I would think for today's inserts, with many brick hunters offering them in UNC, there is a very small market for notes in circulated condition.  That has been my experience so that I've spent 1 BEK, a few FER, 1 FEV, 3 BEV's, and many other inserts in less than VF condition.  When the note is high grade I might keep it...but odd thing is ... most people I know still aren't satisfied with EF to AU!  I would think you've gotta hold onto these a minimum of 3 years to see any increase in value, and then there's plenty of other notes people would rather invest in during that time.  I often spend (or trade) lower grade inserts/radars at shows...but I've yet to see a dealer show any interest in them.  The trades only go to other collectors.

I guess with the lower denominations-- they're easier to set aside and perhaps save for a trade.  Unless you're suspicious of the prefix (being short, etc) I wouldn't be too keen to hold onto a note like that...but then again I may be wrong.  There are few FEP inserts. Its probably worth hanging on for a later trade.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:07:09 pm by walktothewater »

Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 02:03:03 pm »

I bought the one 18-Oct-06 off ebay in fine for $60. They are a rarer note nice find.

Arthur
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:03:34 pm by Archey80 »

CPMS Member 1564
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 02:38:28 pm »

Though the marked for circulated Journey notes is slim, with few exceptions, I would still hang onto this particular note Brent.

Login with username, password and session length