Author
Topic: JOURNEY NOTES - DIMPLE MARKS?  (Read 3891 times)
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« on: November 18, 2004, 06:42:38 am »

Nov 17th 2004, 7:43 pm, Seth wrote-
It seems that these, like the $20, have that dimple mark on the bottom edge near the security thread.  Has anyone found a $20 without this impairment yet?

It has been observed that notes from CBN have these dimple marks situated at the top of the Security Threads, while notes from BABN have them at the bottom.  These marks appear on most Journey notes of $20 to $100.  

Recently exceptions noticed are on BABN notes with serial numbers below around xxxxx26.  S/N above this note will have heavier dimply marks on them until note xxxxx99. BABN $20s, believe to start with AYS, have their bricks packaged/paper warped in 10 bundles of 100s.  Hence we believe BABN cuts in sheets of 100s, resulting the top about 26 notes of each bundle being cut perfect & without those dimple marks at the Security threads.

As for CBN notes, there have been some perfect notes located.  But so far we have no clear patern on how often the dimples occur.  Judging from above, if they cut them in 500s or 1000s instead, the very top of the brick should produce perfect cut notes when the knife is still sharp & the resistant presure is not that great?

At least this is how I see it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 06:56:02 am by kobecurrency »

pbcoins
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 03:49:14 pm »

What's wrong with notes with dimples?  Not perfect enough?
canada-hongkong
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 05:17:21 pm »

The new $50s I got yesterday had no dimples. On the news, I see the new 50s are packed in bundles of 100, not 1000.
canada-hongkong
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 05:20:10 pm »

Nov 17th 2004, 7:43 pm, Seth wrote-

It has been observed that notes from CBN have these dimple marks situated at the top of the Security Threads, while notes from BABN have them at the bottom.  These marks appear on most Journey notes of $20 to $100.  

Recently exceptions noticed are on BABN notes with serial numbers below around xxxxx26.  S/N above this note will have heavier dimply marks on them until note xxxxx99. BABN $20s, believe to start with AYS, have their bricks packaged/paper warped in 10 bundles of 100s.  Hence we believe BABN cuts in sheets of 100s, resulting the top about 26 notes of each bundle being cut perfect & without those dimple marks at the Security threads.

As for CBN notes, there have been some perfect notes located.  But so far we have no clear patern on how often the dimples occur.  Judging from above, if they cut them in 500s or 1000s instead, the very top of the brick should produce perfect cut notes when the knife is still sharp & the resistant presure is not that great?

At least this is how I see it.

Not really. The top and bottom notes are the worst ones. The middle notes are some of the best notes, they have less warping, and less likely to have the dimple. The top ones may be good, since the knife is sharp, however when wrapped, they are wrapped with force, therefore, when I got the new 20s, I got the first 25 from a brick, they had many problems, but no dimples. They were warped heavily, the notes corners were all imperfect, and the notes had dents all around. The whole note itself looked EF under strong light, even though they are new. The entire bill was warped.
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 06:51:20 pm »

Of course the top notes and bottom notes of a brick are not that great.  However, we are referring to the dimple marks.  

Excluding the natural damage (to end notes) of the top/bottom of a brick, there are less dimple marks overall (where the security thread is located) on the earlier notes than the later notes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 07:30:40 pm by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D

Login with username, password and session length