Author
Topic: Found a rare 1969 EM $20 replacement note.  (Read 2857 times)
d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:11:40 pm »

I was at Scotiabank paying bills. When the teller opened her drawer, I saw a small bundle of mutilated notes. I saw a 1975 $100 in pretty nice shape. When I asked her if I could buy it, she sort of said I don't think we can sell them, we have to ship them back. Then she said hold on a sec, I'll ask somebody. She went to a desk behind the teller's counter and asked another lady, probably her supervisor. The lady looked over at me, told the teller girl something and she cam back to her wicket. I thought for sure she was going to say no, but to my surprise, she said yeah you can have it. She pulled  the whole lot out, the $100 was in EF, then she had a couple of $20s, a 1979 and a 1969 $20. When I looked at them, I passed on the $100 and one $20, but saw she had a 1969 Beattie/Ras $20 EM replacement. I bought that, it was only in VF, but a nice note. I wish it was in a better grade though like EF-UNC. So you never know what will get shipped back, just goes to show you that there are probably a lot of great notes that get shipped back.
canada
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 01:00:02 pm »

I wouldn't doubt the existance of a bank manager on ebay who sells all the treasures he found day in day out. ;)

Login with username, password and session length