Author
Topic: 1954 Beattie-Coyne $20  (Read 5826 times)
rcousine
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:14:36 am »

So I collect bike parts, not bank notes, but found this forum after I went to the bank machine and this note came out with all my other 20s:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousine/2645264622/

It's a 1954 Beattie-Coyne $20, and I don't know much about paper money collecting, but it doesn't appear to be a "devil's head" note. Condition? clean, no rips, slightly soiled edges, permanent folds across the face, and you can see the "25" written in one corner. I can't tell if that's old ink or a pencil crayon. If it matters, the reverse is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousine/2644438221/

So I'm hoping you can give me a rough idea of what it's worth, and the best way to dispose of it. All other things being equal, I'll probably put it up in the Trading Post forum after this.

Thanks,
Ryan Cousineau
rocken
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:28:47 am »

It's not a devils face , and the condition doesn't warrant a big premium , maybe $2 over face. better to spend it :(

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 12:21:38 pm »

Hi Ryan, thanks for posting, glad you found the site.

Value depends on many things, like serial number and prefix, and signature combinations, and of course, condition.

This particular note would be worth $20.

However, before you spend it, perhaps there is someone out there who would realy appreciate it as an addition to their collection. Asking $2 for shipping is reasonable, or you may find someone you know around home town/city.  To a new collector (as most all collectors start out as), something like this is very important!!  You could make someone's day with it. :-)

God Bless-

Hudson

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
rcousine
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 12:42:55 pm »

Thanks for the advice. Given its value, I'll see if I can foist it on some budding notaphilist among my relations. Either that, or I'm afraid I'll just spend it the next time I want to be memorable :)

Login with username, password and session length