Author
Topic: Rusty Notes  (Read 12194 times)
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »

I doubt I'll get $110 for three notes, however, I think I could get closer to $25 - $30 a note.  I'm just testing the waters though.  I could be off.  I still wouldn't mind getting one graded to see what kind of grade BCS or PMG would give them.  Maybe send one to each as they are all generally in the same condition.  At least then I'd have a better idea of what condition the notes actually are instead of guessing as to what they would be graded as.

Thanks!

That sounds like an interesting experiment (i.e., sending notes to two different companies).  Please keep us updated as to the results.

No hay banda  
therealco1986
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 09:20:57 am »

That sounds like an interesting experiment (i.e., sending notes to two different companies).  Please keep us updated as to the results.

I checked pricing in general on the TPG.  It tends to get expensive fast!  One note is usually around $15.  Then you have to ship it to them.  Then there's a $20 delivery charge, and taxes atop all that.  Add extra for insurance.  Not really worth the $50 just to get a ten dollar note graded (unless it was a rare one).  I listed those three notes on eBay as buy it now (with best offer), just to test the waters.  Although, I feel that buy it now tends to get ignored sometimes.  If I put them up as auction style, people would probably start bidding each other up.  Either way, I'm waiting for someone to make me an offer.  I'm assuming the rust is deterring people.

I'll keep you posted!  Thanks folks!
Bruxi
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 07:46:07 pm »

I think these are going to be a tough sell...but good luck. 

Login with username, password and session length