Author
Topic: So pissed!!!!  (Read 3550 times)
d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:09:52 am »

I went to Scotiabank and this teller sometimes helps me out to get cool notes. Well anyway I didn't go to the bank for sometime because it was too cold to go/pay most bills and banking through ATM, so not much need to see a teller. Anyway I was in today and the teller said, "I forgot your name, I couldn't remember, I was going to call you, well had about 40-50 all old hundreds, a lot in very nice shape." I described the various kinds of bills, she said yeah we had a few multi color 100s, the young queen ones (1954) but she said there were older ones, I mentioned the 1937 series, described the note, she said yeah, there were some of those in nice shape. I forgot to mention the 1935 series, but basically, there might have been some of those too. I will have to bring my catalog in to show here pictures and she will be able to tell me for sure what she had. They are gone now and they got sent in to the BOC, she got them around end of December, probably somebody had to pay off their Christmas bills. A lot of older notes tend to show up year end, beginning of the new year. She was new and didn't know she was supossed to send them back, but she's been told now to send them back. But back then, she didn't. Man I could have scored big. There could be a remote chance she might have had some Osbourne/Towers 1935-1937 notes. They would be woth a lot.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:42:56 am »

not much need to see a teller

You couldn't be more wrong!!!! Every banking trip consists of three steps...

1 ) Go to the ATM and withdraw your limit and search for notes...

2) Then go to the teller and ask her if she has anything for you since your last visit. Buy it and return (deposit) all the notes you just received from the ATM that were not special, and then withdraw another stack of bills that she has in her till making sure you don't get back the ones you just returned...

3) Finally, go back to the ATM and deposit all of the stuff she just gave you that was not worth keeping.

It is amazing how many notes you can go through in one visit.  (and it doesn't even cost me a cent!!!!!!) ;D
One of the advantages of having a grandfathered account with no service charges for deposits or returns....Sometimes it's good to be OLD 8)

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:06:33 am »

At the end of the day it's just best to forget about it and move on. In my opinion, non collectors usualy think that notes are in much better shape then they usualy are. In all likelihood these notes were of the very common veriety and you did not miss out on much ;)

KC's Canadian Currency
numismateer
  • Paper Money is History! it's plastic now
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:37:45 pm »

I agree with KC. Chances are none were UNC so don't loose sleep over it.
I once went though $16,000 of 37issue and 54issue that the bank was getting rid of. No osbornes, no devils, nothing better than Fine condition.
There's a reason  these have a premium, they're tough to find.
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:53:06 pm »

Recently, I did get a bunch of BUnc Nickel dollars from my teller. What notes I get so far we're circulated bird $2 and 73 $1. It seems like a little bonus when I find stuff like this.

Dei Gratia

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon

Login with username, password and session length