Author
Topic: Questions about photo/scan images!  (Read 3650 times)
Dottir
« on: March 05, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »

Hi.

I want to know what rules there might ??? be about photographing and scanning money (to show images like in here or e bay, and such) Are there guidelines? Someone told me I had better check about the legality of scanning images (its illegal where he lives. He's a lawyer :D ) and now am nervous, so ask you folks.

Thanks.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:47:28 pm »

http://www.rulesforuse.org

Select Canada for the rules specific to this country.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Dottir
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 11:16:41 pm »

Thanks BWJM  ;)
Dottir
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:05:26 am »

Someone gave me the Bank of Canada link about using images too. Am very tired so am a bit confused and will have to read through the info's again when more alert and awake, but I'm confused/not clear about if I needed, or not, to gain banks permission FIRST before posting a reproduced by camera or scanner pic of my note in here or anywhere else - if so then I'm really glad I didn't take and post an image here then  :o ... and if needing permission, if that applying for permission be necessary for each and every individual note I wanted to post pics of???

I guess I could just call the toll free number for Bank of Canada and ask them the procedures for collectors and sellers of notes tomorrow. I found their wording a bit ambiguous and have the impression that not every case must apply to them .........................

Dottir
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 12:36:51 am »

Posting scans to the forum is generally alright. We've yet to have any problems, and sometimes it is best to leave the matter alone (ie: don't open a can of worms, as the saying goes). The Bank of Canada is quite familiar with this website.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Dottir
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 01:19:56 am »

Well, that says a lot then, if they know the site and all is hunky dory then they approve :D It's pretty obvious the images are for learning and selling to collectors and I noticed special mentions/privilege I guess, in the bank site for Numismatic people  8)

Login with username, password and session length