Author
Topic: Uncut Sheet 1973 $1  (Read 5019 times)
Cooper
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »

Hi, I'm new to this forum.  I have many notes, mostly Canadian, that I'd like to get a value for and possibly sell.  In this collection is one uncut sheet of 1973 CDN $1 notes.  The sheet has been in a frame since the sheet was purchased decades ago - has never really been exposed to light as it has never been put on a wall and has been tucked away!  No folds, creases, stains, or defects of any kind that I can see.  Thank you in advance for any input!
tripoli
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »

Are they a sheet of 40?   don't mean to burst any bubble, but not much more than face value of $40.....dealers will sell for more of course, but I don't see a dealer would pay much of a premium if anything.   As gov'ts are ought to do, they printed millions of these sheets...unless of course, they are asterik notes or special prefix or number, but then again, it's tough to find that seller who wants to pay what you think they may be worth.
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 06:29:06 pm »

Retail is in the $150-175 range, a bit higher if the sheet is pristine. Dealers will pay about $100. There's a couple scarcer prefixes, and replacement prefixes. Replacement sheets can retail for $600-700.
Cooper
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:44:22 am »

Yes, a sheet of 40. Pristine, but I don't think there's anything special (asterisk, etc).  Any interest here?  I'd rather sell to a collector that appreciates these items rather than a dealer that just want to flip them.  I have many notes and can take pics of everything.  Have two German marks from the 1920s in the collection - not sure if these are unique or rare.  They came back from France in 1945 with my uncle's personal effects.  CDN notes range from 25 cent Dominion note and the rest are various denominations through 1930s to current date.  I haven't a clue what any of this is worth, and I have little time to do the research - so I very much appreciate any feedback/interest.
Norum
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 02:01:45 pm »

I have many notes and can take pics of everything.  Have two German marks from the 1920s in the collection - not sure if these are unique or rare.  They came back from France in 1945 with my uncle's personal effects. 

Show image of all that you have, it will be easier to predict the cost of your bills. I am interested in images of German banknotes. Thank you

Login with username, password and session length