Author
Topic: 10$ RBofCan 1935  (Read 6510 times)
Norum
« on: February 26, 2015, 04:25:07 pm »

Hi all!  :)
 Please tell me the price on the banknote. Thank you.
Sincerely yours, Norum

t-spoon64
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:28:59 pm »

It says $10.00
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 08:26:20 pm »

It says $10.00

:D Thats what it says on the banknote alright.

I'm not sure of the value though.

Gary_T
t-spoon64
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 09:16:51 pm »

Ya, I was just being a goof.  Not sure of the value either.
Norum
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:21:16 pm »

Hi all!  :)
 Please tell me the price on the banknote. Thank you.
Sincerely yours, Norum

OK! I ask the question a little differently, I bought this banknote for US $89. This is a good price?
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 05:00:58 pm »

OK! I ask the question a little differently, I bought this banknote for US $89. This is a good price?

Even if you paid $89 Cdn, that's not good.  Very common note, catalogue value is high, but nobody is paying close to catalogue these days.  Not for well-circulated grade, anyhow.

No hay banda  
Norum
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 05:27:39 pm »

Even if you paid $89 Cdn, that's not good.  Very common note, catalogue value is high, but nobody is paying close to catalogue these days.  Not for well-circulated grade, anyhow.

mmars, thank you for the quick reply. I really like banknotes of Canada. If I bought an expensive bill that I'm not sorry. ;)
Thank you again.
Norum...
Shylo
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 10:15:37 pm »

Norum: mmars is straight to the point and doesn't hold much back... but there's a lot of wisdom in that short post of his.

1) 1935 Charters are very common... as the BoC started issuing notes that year in two languages.. it was a transition time but many charters from '35 can be found in very high condition.

2) The catalog has some super inflated pricing! Especially the chartered banknote catalog. Best bet to see how well you did is looking on ebay and other auction houses completed sales and seeing how others in comparable grade sold for over the past 6 months to a year.

Everyone collects for different reasons.... some like rarities.. some errors... some certain serial numbers and some just like the design on certain notes... that's the great thing about this hobby, it can really cater to many different "likes" find what you like... if you see $80 of value in this note for having it in your collection... AWESOME... !!! That's what matters...

Is there a chance that 10 yrs down the road you may get $80 or more out of the note... (probably not)... So enjoy the note for what it is... and find what you like, learn about it and enjoy the collection you create.
Norum
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 12:44:31 pm »

Norum: mmars is straight to the point and doesn't hold much back... but there's a lot of wisdom in that short post of his.

1) 1935 Charters are very common... as the BoC started issuing notes that year in two languages.. it was a transition time but many charters from '35 can be found in very high condition.

2) The catalog has some super inflated pricing! Especially the chartered banknote catalog. Best bet to see how well you did is looking on ebay and other auction houses completed sales and seeing how others in comparable grade sold for over the past 6 months to a year.

Everyone collects for different reasons.... some like rarities.. some errors... some certain serial numbers and some just like the design on certain notes... that's the great thing about this hobby, it can really cater to many different "likes" find what you like... if you see $80 of value in this note for having it in your collection... AWESOME... !!! That's what matters...

Is there a chance that 10 yrs down the road you may get $80 or more out of the note... (probably not)... So enjoy the note for what it is... and find what you like, learn about it and enjoy the collection you create.

Thanks for all you wrote is true. When I buy banknotes, I do it consciously.Thanks to you all. :)

Login with username, password and session length