Author
Topic: Hi Lows lists  (Read 5687 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« on: October 25, 2009, 08:53:18 pm »

Is there a reason that the $10 High/Lows list is still available to view but not the $20 High/Lows list?
Before we could ALL see what notes were being found/ where they were being found/condition on notes being found....etc Now all we see is a high and a low on the DB? or is this info available somewhere I dont know about???
Assuming that the $10 high/low list will soon disappear the info is no longer available to members
For example Now we can see that about 8 BTV notes have been found by members ...
once this is removed I assume we will only see 2 numbers ..the high and low and nothing inbetween.
If this is the case the new SNDB is in no way some great benefit to the member who has no special access....It's like going backwards instead of forwards.
Am I missing something or is that the reality....
FRIEDSQUID
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 09:05:19 pm by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 09:03:29 pm »

The $10 H/L forum is still available because that data has not yet been imported into the SNDB. When it has been, the forum will be removed just like the $5, $20, $50 and $100 forums. I am expecting this to be completed within the next few days.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 09:07:28 pm »

Assuming that the $10 high/low list will soon disappear the info is no longer available to members
For example Now we can see that about 8 BTV notes have been found by members ...
once this is removed I assume we will only see 2 numbers ..the high and low and nothing inbetween.
If this is the case the new SNDB is in no way some great benefit to the members who have no special access. to the DB...It's like going backwards instead of forwards.
FRIEDSQUID

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:10:10 pm »

If this is the case the new SNDB is in no way some great benefit to the member who has no special access....It's like going backwards instead of forwards.
FRIEDSQUID

It isn't going backwards if you have access to the info.  ;)

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 09:12:50 pm »

The SNDB is not all about the High/Lows. The SNDB merely provides a convenient means of automating the High/Lows.

Don't forget that the original and main purpose of the SNDB is to collect massive quantities of data for research purposes. The High/Lows are just a small project that we can conveniently tack on.

The main benefit to members of doing this with the High/Lows is that the tables are now updated instantly instead of having to wait for 3-6 months for a moderator to finally update the Wiki site. Also, when entering your notes, the SNDB conveniently informs you if you have a special number, an insert note, or a new high or low number. So to say that the SNDB is in no way a benefit to members is simply incorrect.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:16 pm »

Most insert collectors know the ranges.....most people know what a radar or rotator are...the point is that the info we once had available to us is no longer available....yet we are expected to provide info and not be able to see it in detail

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 09:18:48 pm »

The main benefit to members of doing this with the High/Lows is that the tables are now updated instantly instead of having to wait for 3-6 months for a moderator to finally update the Wiki site.

If we pulled up the thread to a specific prefix to see the highs and low was it not available a soon as one had entered such information?

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 09:21:19 pm »

If we pulled up the thread to a specific prefix to see the highs and low was it not available a soon as one had entered such information?

MG

My thoughts exactly...you knew the high and low from posts...I never even thought there was an issue in waiting 3 months for a moderator to worry about it

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 09:21:43 pm »

Most insert collectors know the ranges.....most people know what a radar or rotator are...the point is that the info we once had available to us is no longer available....yet we are expected to provide info and not be able to see it in detail

Nobody is expected to contribute to the SNDB. I merely request that members participate.

However, every Canadian is expected required to provide their income tax information every single year, but very few people can see it all in detail. So until that changes, the SNDB isn't going to give all of its data to everyone either, no matter how much you and MG whine about it.

And with that.... LOCKED.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.

Login with username, password and session length