Author
Topic: Invalid FPN/BPN combination message  (Read 4370 times)
doh
« on: October 28, 2009, 05:30:00 pm »

Hi just wondering what to do when this msg appears when one is trying to add to the db? I am clearly reading the numbers and they are correct on the bill. Does it matter if it is an old style 2003 bill without the updated security features?
Thanx
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 05:42:02 pm »

I made the same mistake.  It DOES matter if it is the old style pre updated security.

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 06:16:55 pm »

Yeah I almost did too at one point. It says though right on the data entry form:
This form is only designed for notes of the Canadian Journey series. (It currently does not accept Issue of 2001 $10 notes or Issue of 2002 $5 notes. Please email this data to ....... (address given) )

It is really growing.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 06:18:06 pm »

I've also noticed that the SNDB cannot tell the difference when a serial number is entered with a different FP/BP combination.

MG
 :o

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:32 pm »

Hi just wondering what to do when this msg appears when one is trying to add to the db? I am clearly reading the numbers and they are correct on the bill. Does it matter if it is an old style 2003 bill without the updated security features?
Thanx

In the text on the Add Notes page, this question and several others are answered.

{http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/15/addnotes.gif}

For instance...
  • The instructions ask you not to input runs of sequential notes. I found one person even today who did this.
  • The instructions also say that the form is only for Journey Series notes. Don't enter any Birds notes.
  • Finally, to answer your question, the small italic text says that the form does not currently accept the pre-security notes. If you keep reading, it says to email me with the data.

I put instructions up for a reason, so I hope people read them once in a while. If you have any questions, please send me a PM or email. Thanks!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
doh
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 06:40:35 pm »

Thank-you all!

Login with username, password and session length