Author
Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 4896 times)
yakodan
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »

I am a newbie and would like to ask some questions that might sound  repetitive or  silly..like if I enter 200 serial nos in data base am I helping or spamming.I handle large amounts of cash and enjoy entering the serial nos to see if anything interesting passes through me.Most of the bills are 20's and circulated but the 100's and 50's are mostly crisp  ...am I helping by adding or am I wasting my time and everybody elses.I've been concentrating on HI-Low but would like some input on what to look for.
Maybe we need a newbie forum...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:54:31 pm by yakodan »

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:12:12 pm »

If the notes are assorted, random notes, then this is the best overall and I welcome all the notes you can enter.

If the notes are sequential, please enter only the first/lowest and last/highest numbers from the run.

Thanks for your questions. Please feel free to ask if you have any more. I'm happy to help.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
yakodan
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:44:44 pm »

What to keep... Are All circulated bills worthless except solid nos or is it worthwhile to keep others ..eg
replacement notes.

ShareBear
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 12:19:18 am »

As far as circulated bills are concerned I think that you should keep the following (at least I do).

New Highs/Lows
Solid Numbers, Millions, Errors

yakodan
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:11 pm »

Thx ShareBear
Another question..I entered 10000 Dollars in notes this week..How long do I have to keep them for.
I'm really getting hungry and thirsty...
Seriously assuming  Journey and UNCIRCULATED  in which order are the most collectible

Solid notes
radars
ladders
errors and i know it depends on the error so feel free to advise on the top errors
replacement notes and so on 
would it be in same order in circulated?

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 08:15:10 pm »

Do you mean you're keeping every note that you entered into the database?  There's no need to do that.  Once the data is in, and there's nothing special about the note, it can go right back into circulation.

Solids are the top kind of note, followed by ladders and errors.  Radars and inserts are more like trifling fun.  I certainly don't keep every insert or radar I find, especially if they are circulated.

No hay banda  
yakodan
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 08:26:40 pm »

I was just kidding ..but the second part of my question was serious..thx for the answer

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 07:39:33 am »

Solids are the top kind of note, followed by ladders and errors.  Radars and inserts are more like trifling fun.  I certainly don't keep every insert or radar I find, especially if they are circulated.

Thanks for the information, I just returned that #0000001 back into circulation :D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 09:10:22 pm »

Thanks for the information, I just returned that #0000001 back into circulation :D

Sounds good to me  ;D   O:-)

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length