Author
Topic: Chart for Journey notes  (Read 6960 times)
kai
  • Collector of world banknotes
    • Paper Banknotes
« on: July 02, 2010, 05:08:26 am »

Hi,

Does any members here keep a simple chart detailing the denomination of notes printed for the Journey series? I am keen to find out what are the notes (denominations) printed since the current Journey series was first introduced in 2000.

Many thanks

http://paperbanknotes.blogspot.com

Welcome anyone who wishes to exchange uncirculated banknotes with me. Many Thanks
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:17:25 am »

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for in this chart... The denominations printed are $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100.

More details will get you a better answer.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
kai
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 06:15:08 pm »

@ BWJM,

Thanks for your reply.

As I understand that the current Journey series notes are issued with the tiny little information printed on the note that says "Printed in **** (year)". What I am interested to know is what are the notes printed in a given year. For example the $5 notes were printed in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2009. Did I miss any?

Australia, like many other countries, print it's notes with the year date on the prefix/serial number, like for example, only one note printed in 2009, and the serial number starts with AA09 (first prefix).

I am trying to do some catch up on my Journey series before the new polymer issue, and would like to know if and what are the year prints that I am missing at the moment. Given that I am not residing in Canada, needless to say I do not have the current Canadian catalogue to see for my self. If anyone can help here would be much appreciated.

I do keep a simple chart for both Australia and NZ polymer notes issued since 1992 and 1999 respectively. If any members here collect these notes, please let me know and I can send them the information. I also details both the firts and last prefix of banknotes for these two countries.

Please feel free to view my Australian polymer notes collection on my site, at http://paperbanknotes.blogspot.com

Many thanks

Welcome anyone who wishes to exchange uncirculated banknotes with me. Many Thanks
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 06:20:11 pm »

Hi kai,

Please check out our Serial Number Database (link in the top menu of this site). You will see a complete breakdown of the entire series including all changeovers.

If you have any questions while perusing that information, please let me know.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
kai
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »

As I am not good at searching for info on web site, I am just wondering if the board here would provide basic up dates info here for any new Canadian notes released on the home page?

I am not seeking 'war and peace', perhaps just a head line stating what notes/denominations have been sighed or released by BoC. It would be very useful to overseas collectors like myself.

Just like the message for the $5 redesigned note on the home page.

Many thanks.

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 06:30:02 pm »

That information too is listed in the Serial Number Database. Just log in and click the link about the latest prefixes.

Everything you've said you're looking for is readily available. A little effort on your part to look it up would go a long way.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
kai
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 06:39:20 pm »

Thanks

kai
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 07:07:50 pm »

In case any overseas collectors are looking for the same info, here are the details to help you with your collection: -

$5 – 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 & 2009
$10 – 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007 & 2008
$20 – 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009
$50 – 2004, 2006 & 2008 and
$100 – 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2009

Just found out that I am missing 2 more notes, in all 4 notes missing……… ???

kai
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 09:11:42 pm »

Would someone be able to confirm this for me would be much appreciated.

Am I right to say that there are no same notes "printed" in a given year with difference signatures on it.

I have checked the prefixes tables, and I just want to confirm this.

Many thanks.

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 09:28:07 pm »

Would someone be able to confirm this for me would be much appreciated.

Am I right to say that there are no same notes "printed" in a given year with difference signatures on it.

I have checked the prefixes tables, and I just want to confirm this.

Many thanks.

The $100 note printed in 2006 has both Jenkins Dodge  & Jenkins Carney signatures

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
kai
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 09:36:54 pm »

Thanks Friedsquid.

Those info have not be updated on those tables yet. Now I have one more note missing, which is the $100 Jenkins-Carney 2006 print.

This is getting harder now.

Many thanks for the info.

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 12:47:06 am »

The $100 note printed in 2006 has both Jenkins Dodge  & Jenkins Carney signatures

FRIEDSQUID

Huh?  Mark Carney did not take office until 2008.  The first $100 notes that bear his signature are dated 2009 (EJU- ), unless you know something we don't.

No hay banda  
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 05:59:51 am »

Huh?  Mark Carney did not take office until 2008.  The first $100 notes that bear his signature are dated 2009 (EJU- ), unless you know something we don't.

OH OH I dont pay much attention to $100 denominations and just looked in the catalogue on pg 337 and they have listed BC66b $100 2006 Jenkins Carney EJU-EJZ ...so maybe I found a typo in the new catalogue....thanks........sorry for the confusion Kai.. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:32:59 am by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 11:34:07 am »

OH OH I dont pay much attention to $100 denominations and just looked in the catalogue on pg 337 and they have listed BC66b $100 2006 Jenkins Carney EJU-EJZ ...so maybe I found a typo in the new catalogue....thanks........sorry for the confusion Kai.. :)
Yep, that's a typo. Added to the list. The Checklist of Prefix Letters at the beginning of the section however (pp315-317) is correct and lists 2009 for these notes.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
kai
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 07:45:51 pm »

Guys,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Cheers.

Login with username, password and session length