Author
Topic: 1969-1979 series  (Read 11670 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 10:42:54 pm »

Sorry Dottir

That is what 12 hours of work does for you.. LOL.  I would though like to see what these notes look for and hopefully Dlawson will post them on the forum if not already there.

Cheers

Polarbear
Dottir
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 10:51:48 pm »

I don't mind. At least you have work tiredness to blame. I think my fog is genetic :D

Dottir.
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 11:29:46 pm »

I recall having this experience.
I gave up my counterfeit $10 Bird to the bank and told them I got it from the Safeway store across the street, I even told them which checkout I got it from. The Bank Manager was quite clear about that it should be turned in to them or the NW police. and if I KNOWINGLY pass on this counterfeit THEN I would be in violation of passing a counterfeit. So I'm out $10 but satisfied the note would not cause any further damage to anyone else. So it's the right thing to do.

Dei Gratia

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 12:52:45 am »

Our law is based on situational flexibility.

There is no hard line YES NO on this.

Catch a drug dealer with a fake, who is involved in awful stuff, and there are grounds to believe that the note was or could be used for illegal purposes.

Catch a regular Joe with a fake, who keeps it at home pinned up on his bulletin board because he thinks it is neat that he found a fake, and there might be no reasonable ground to cosider any illegal intent with this.

Our law is built like this for this exact reason.  When there is a hard line law, it removed taking the responsibility of looking into the circumstances.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
abyss
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 12:38:35 pm »

The Bank Manager was quite clear about that it should be turned in to them or the NW police. and if I KNOWINGLY pass on this counterfeit THEN I would be in violation of passing a counterfeit. So I'm out $10 but satisfied the note would not cause any further damage to anyone else. So it's the right thing to do.

Very sound advice....why take a chance...."IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME.....DON'T DO THE CRIME"
one of my favorite sayings.

ABYSS
Dlawson
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 12:46:50 pm »

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH lol, thank you all for your input! I am seriously mad that I bought these 100.00 bills! I am out 200.00 and definitely do not have the money to be out that much! BUT live and learn right!  I did get the bills from the same place, but at different times so I never notice how similar they were till yesterday.  I had interest from 2 members on here for the notes for teaching purposes, now I have all this illegal mumbo jumbo(not to dismiss the subject) but really!  I just wanted to thank all the members in the forum for your help!  I am not going to give these notes to anyone for collecting purposes nor am I going to keep them, I will bring them into the police and hopefully get something out of it, probably not but hey it's worth a try. 

I will however keep the other notes and frame them for my twins, and start a new set for my little girl we just had.  Thanks again!
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 12:52:48 pm »

As this issue seems to be wrapped up, I'm closing the thread. Thank you all for your input and opinions.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length