Author
Topic: Birthday notes  (Read 3594 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: September 30, 2007, 08:50:48 pm »

Here is a idea that I want to  pass by the forum members. 

I recently picked up a birthday note from an active member on the forum for my dear aunts birthday.  February 2 1923.  He charged me only $13 for the $10 note.  That was great from the forum member and it is much appreciated.  Thanks

What does everyone think of if we come across a birthday note in our day to day hunting, we list the note up for grabs and sell it for $3 extra to cover the finders postage, sleeve and time.   WE can guess that this  birthday note will not be in the next Charlton and it is a benefit to many members.
This is a great forum and much can be learned and friendships gained. 

With doing this we can give excellent notes to special people  that have that special day  on the  note.  I am talking about Journey notes so far due to the easily accessibility of the notes.  Any other notes before that is up to the finder and the collectors discression.

I look forward to your opinion. 

Cheers

Polarbear
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:27:09 pm »

What does everyone think of if we come across a birthday note in our day to day hunting, we list the note up for grabs and sell it for $3 extra to cover the finders postage, sleeve and time.

You can count me in. I think it's a great idea.  8)

FRIEDSQUID

So the birthday note March 29 1934   3291923 is a friend's birthday Oh look it's a RADAR ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 09:31:20 pm by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 02:05:46 am »

Okay, I'll try this one. For some member who has a cute little one and or three-ish year old son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandchildren, adoptee, or foster kid whose Birthday falls on February 28th 2004 or 2006. Twins, muliple births may need not apply, In such case first born, first served. I hope that covers everything.

For $8.00 each postage included.

Unc   AOU 2822004
Unc   AOU 2822006

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, this should be under Trading Post right?

If the child's name happens to be Amanda Oreana Urquhart or Alan Oliver Underwood I will waive the shipping and handling. Proof of Identifaction and relation or best excuse may be required.  ;)

Dei Gratia
PD

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:45:37 pm »

Hi Everyone.  Here is my contribution to the cause.  Please look on the trading Post as I do not want this one closed. 

Cheers

Polarbear

Login with username, password and session length