Author
Topic: What's it worth a 1954 $1000  (Read 3708 times)
RUGINGRAS
« on: December 25, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »

Hi, what is the value of a 1954, $1000 mint condition (signed by R.Lawson). Serial number AK 1465924. Where can I get a grade of my note and where and how can I sell it.

Thank you

R
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 09:54:51 pm »

This is the most common of all $1,000 notes ever issued. In perfect condition its worth around $1,300. Selling this note can be a challenge as it is not one that is in good demand. You can always try a local dealer or perhaps ebay but you wont get much above face for it. Hope this helps
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 10:52:03 pm »

IMO: if you like Canadian paper money take it into a show (bourse) and try to find some note in a series that you like (1954?) and buy a solid radar, or the highest grade rarer note you can find (ie a replacement, or rare signature, etc) in the BOC notes starting from 1935 and to more recent series (unless you like Chartered).  Get to know the dealers on the other side of the tables and talk to them, ask for advice, be friendly and show him your note- then talk to business if you trust them.

If you don't care about CDN paper money then the choice is obvious- either sock it away in a safety deposit box (as many Canadians do), spend it or try to get something for it, but don't expect much either way (remember eBay has commissions and listing fees so higher denominations are tough to make a profit on).

Login with username, password and session length