Author
Topic: 1954 $5 Replacement Note (*RC) BC-39aA-i signed by Beattie-Coyne  (Read 6042 times)
YuMan
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Paper Money is Art!

Can anyone update me the most recent Charlton Catalogue price for:

1954 $5 *RC replacement note signed by Beattie-Coyne (BC-39aA-i)

Thanks in advance first.

Yuman
Dr.Bill
  • CPMS Member 1520
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »

Unc. $350.

CU  $440.

GU. $550

Exactly the same as last year!
YuMan
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 01:43:32 am »

Thank you Dr Bill.

(ps - I was happy to turn down an offer only 1/3 of the pricing for this nothing special note, although I don't think this is special but far below half the pricing is unreasonable)

Yuman
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 08:34:27 am »

A flat year is good considering it dropped over 20% alone from 2010 to 2011 but its even worst when you look back from 2007 as its done nothing more than noze dive since then, always painful to buy at the top.

Regards,
MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
JB-2007
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 10:05:48 am »

A flat year is good considering it dropped over 20% alone from 2010 to 2011 but its even worst when you look back from 2007 as its done nothing more than noze dive since then, always painful to buy at the top.

Regards,
MG
It is really interesting how this particular note with only 8,000 as qty printed never really went up in value. Its all a question of availability and demand. *R/C BABN is not that difficult to find, they are around when compared to others like *L/S, *N/S or *N/X. For me the hardest one to find was *L/S.
YuMan
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 03:34:10 pm »

My latest Charlton Catalogue is 19th Edition 2007 (means only 1 pricing for UNC notes).  I have no idea how the price went up from 2007 in value or percentage then drop back (for this particular prefix).

I owned two notes for this prefix (bought during 2004 & 2007), and when compare with Dr Bill's pricing - 1 with a reasonable gain in value and the other is almost the same.  I can assume the pricing for this prefix is flat for the past 5 years (not based on a yearly basis).

It is hard to control each individual's feeling on a "notes" going up or dropping in value because each individual's objective to own the "notes" is different.  Just like investing in stock that the price is changing every second, how can one individual can sell at the peak and buy at the bottom (together with timing issue - in terms of 1 day / 1 month / 1 year / or even longer)?  Or just like our house, can we sell at the peak and then buy back at the bottom?  Most of us are happy when price are going up and unhappy when price are drop (but what else we can do for our hosue?  we need  a shelter!)

Owning a note is different (or buying stock / investments), we have the option (more flexible) to sell according to market change (supply and demand) or a personal's favour (not a right place to discuss the objective to own or collecting a "note" here).

It almost 20 years I still hunting for the 54 DF $50 Beattie-Coyne or 10 years hunting for 54 modified $50 prefix AH Beattie-Rasminsky, it depends on how lucky I am or how my life change in acquire these notes (or stilling hunting forever ....). Environment and personal emotion make a big contribution to affect the execution price and thus making the change in Charlton suggested value ....

I am talking for so long here is just trying to tell everyone not to focus on a yearly up and down for the pricing when you collecting a "note".  However, "investing" a note is different that you guy needs to focus on the changes periodically in order to maximize the profit!

I am asking the price is just trying to figure out the recent value and build up my confident to turn down the offer in a more reasonable grounds (cause I got an offer to buy this note in 1/3 of the suggested value, I though it is 1/2 when I turn down the offer).

Keep enjoying to "collect" the notes / hobby.

Yuman
gendis
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 08:50:34 pm »

The Beattie-Coyne DF should be easy to find.  However, the Beattie-Rasminsky A/H is very difficult to find.  I have been looking for this note for at least 15 years at shows, in catalogues and at dealer's shops.  I have also requested that any member of this forum who has the note post a copy of it and I am now asking that any member confirm that they own or have seen this note.

I appreciate I am off topic but don't wish to start another thread.

Thank you.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 09:27:22 pm »

The Beattie-Coyne *R/C note is not a rare note.  The register of this note confirms this.

Asterisk notes have declined in popularity and in value over the last few years.  Times change, tastes change.  Collectors are always looking for something new and exciting, and it doesn't always make intuitive sense what will become popular and what will become unpopular.

Maybe you should invest in a new copy of the catalogue.  2007 is before the bubble burst.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length