Author
Topic: 1989 canadian 10$, what it's worth?  (Read 5332 times)
Xan2
« on: September 05, 2007, 11:57:08 am »

Hi, i am not an expert whit the currencys and i have a 1989 birds of canada (in very very good condition). However i don't realy know if it's worth more then it's original value 10$? The signatures are (Knight & Thecien*)and the serials are  BEG7954011

Also the note seems to be kind of erroneous? the ink seems to have passed trough front to the back, i have a scanner and i can show you guys (IF i could upload)...

Thanks..
bwho9d
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:19:14 pm »

Most likely face value. It might command more if it's in a better condition than EF. Getting my Charlton soon.  :D

Try uploading the scan to http://imageshack.us
Xan2
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 09:34:13 pm »

i just bought a HP ScanJet G4010 and i havn't been able to scan the note properlly, my guess is that there is an kind of anti currency counterfeit in the scanner drivers... The note always get resized and some kind of yellow lines are nearly visible... I am going to exchange the scanner tomorrow, can anyone suggest me something? i think i am going to buy the Epson Perfection 4490 for few more bucks... Is anyone already scanned a banknote yet with that scanner? thanks.

Alex.
Xan2
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 12:13:10 pm »

Most likely face value. It might command more if it's in a better condition than EF. Getting my Charlton soon.  :D

Try uploading the scan to http://imageshack.us

I consider it to be a "About Uncirculated" note.
Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 12:28:13 pm »

According to the Charlton 20th ed.

BEG Kn-Th

There were 10,000,000 printed

Cat. Value,

EF - $10
AU - $12