Author
Topic: Uncut Sheets of 1 dollar  (Read 17447 times)
kaindarren
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:22:47 pm »

Hello.
I have an uncut sheet of 1 dollar bills from 1973. Its in very good condition. It has the orginal band and tube along with it. The prefix is BFL0372060. How much is it worth today.  ;D ;).

If I put them in a frame would it increase its value becuase I went to a dealer once and it was on sale for 500 without the orignal bank band and tube but was in a glass frame. I thought it was kind of werid.

I was also wondering if the BoC will be selling uncut sheets of 5s 10s or 20s of the Jouney Series. If they are going to. I would totally buy some.

Merci
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:46:26 pm »

Hi kaindarren,

The sheet of $1 notes (40 notes) is worth between $150 to $250, depending how much a collector/buyer is willing to buy them.  You sometimes see these $1 sheets sell on the Canadian Home Shopping Channel - I believe they usually sell them around $299 or so. 

As for framing them, I don't believe that will necessarily increase the value.  For example, if you spend $100 on a nice frame to frame the sheet, well, the cost to sell this increases, because of the cost of the frame.   Dealers can ask for any amount, but if the amount is too high, it just sits there as inventory.  For $500, in my opinion, that's kind of pricey, unless it was in some fancy frame to justify the high price.

With regards to the Bank of Canada selling uncut sheets of notes, highly unlikely until the Series is discontinued from circulation, just like the way they did for the $1, $2 Multicolor sheets, and the $2, $5, $10, Bird Series.  Higher denominations are seldon seen, because it's gets kind of pricey.   

Smile from your heart.  ;D
kaindarren
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:53:19 pm »

thank you for replying  ;)

Login with username, password and session length