Author
Topic: SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD BRICK SEARCHERS ARE GUARANTEED A PROFIT?????  (Read 23134 times)
bwho9d
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2007, 10:32:00 pm »

And to think they are making a load of money on my mortgage too. The cost of housing here in Vancouver is crazy right NZ.

Yeah! $600 000 in Burnaby buys me a house that I don't even have enough space to move around in! Talk about those million dollar houses in Vancouver! >:( >:(

Banks are the most cruel things in the world. My parents work numerous hours a day for HSBC and I don't think the banks aren't paying my parents what they truly deserve!  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 10:34:15 pm by Neon Zidane »
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2007, 10:43:11 pm »

"It's a waste of our bank's time and resources
The funny thing is that there were times when I returned a few bricks on a Sat and not even one customer came in and there were 3 tellers doing nothing.
If I didn't keep them busy they would be standing there looking out the front window.
I have even come in and if a teller knew me they would pretend to be doing something else and let another part time teller take me.  They would rather do  nothing than have to start counting and rebundling my bills.
Yet when they are busy as Heck on a friday afternoon they will stand there trying to get you to add some new promotion to your bank account, ask you about rrsp's, or some other crap they are trying to hussle. and who cares how long the line up is waiting to be served.
Why can't they just have an ABM (Automated Brick Machine) where you enter your account number and out comes a BRICK and when you want to return it, just shove it back into the machine and your account gets credited. I know I would use it ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 10:44:26 pm »

My parents work numerous hours a day for HSBC and I don't think the banks aren't paying my parents what they truly deserve! 

Did they ever think of Brick Searching on the side ???

bwho9d
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2007, 11:19:13 pm »

Did they ever think of Brick Searching on the side ???

Oh yeah. No service charge for bricks from banks!
bwho9d
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2007, 11:30:13 pm »

Why can't they just have an ABM (Automated Brick Machine) where you enter your account number and out comes a BRICK and when you want to return it, just shove it back into the machine and your account gets credited. I know I would use it ;D

I concur. They should make you request how much of each denomination you want (e.g. 5 $20s instead of 2 $50s). This would reduce the work load and the demand of bank tellers (saving the bank $1 000 000s annualy).
  When the banks are closed, I like to go to ABMs and widthdrawl the daily limit and shove it back into another bank. Sadly, ABMs aren't equipped with bill acceptors & counters so I have to wait another day for them to clear the safe.
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 06:26:26 pm »

I had 13 bricks today.
8 ELB $20s, 5 BTD $10s and an AHM $50 and a BK_ $100.   
Zero replacements.
13 radars.

That is it. 

There is no guarantee at all.
You all saw the picture of Phil.....

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 08:21:19 pm »

There is no guarantee at all.
You all saw the picture of Phil.....

Actually, I believe you are incorrect in this statement
There is a guarantee. You all saw the picture of PHIL 8)

Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 11:08:50 pm »

Actually, I believe you are incorrect in this statement
There is a guarantee. You all saw the picture of PHIL 8)

It guarantees that the bank is the one making the money at $11/brick. Unless they spent long hours ordering it from the BoC. I'm sure they don't say how they actually do it.
(Sarcastic smiley)

The bank made $143 from Huds.

Now where are my glasses,
PD

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
La Loutre
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2007, 05:12:16 pm »

Banks are making money? Really?  ;D

Reminds me of a trip to Europe. To get my visa, I needed a letter from my bank to confirm my "financial ressources".
The letter was a standard Word document, so all the lady had to do was changing the name on it, the date and the amount I had in my account. A big 2 minutes operation.
She hesitated, not knowing if the price for this letter was 15$ or 25$. Finally, this one page letter costs me 15$.
15$ to be told "Yes, indeed, you do have money".

Compare what you get from your bank and what the bank takes away from you: we're probably all in the red...

I actually get way more benefits from trading coins and bills than leaving this money in the bank.
I don't trust banks, and surely never will. Always feel like i'm being robbed with a smile.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2007, 05:18:02 pm »

Finally, this one page letter costs me 15$.
15$ to be told "Yes, indeed, you do have money".

Maybe you can blank out your name, make photo copies and sell them for $10 each to other travellers. 8)

La Loutre
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2007, 06:06:20 pm »

Damn! I should have think about it!  :D 
Though I'm pretty sure the France "consulat" kept the letter with all the other documents required for my visa...

Sincerely, friedsquid, if I was that dishonest, I'd probably apply for a job directly at the bank...
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2007, 08:26:55 pm »

Sincerely, friedsquid, if I was that dishonest, I'd probably apply for a job directly at the bank...

Why not get a job at the BOC and hire me to do quality control on the notes.
I will even work for FREE 8)

X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2007, 09:52:24 pm »

Why work for BoC when you can go right to the printer make make your own error notes!

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
La Loutre
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2007, 10:05:30 pm »

Definitly, you guys have twisted minds!  ;)

X-Savior, be careful though, 'cause if you print too many error notes, the BOC may lay you off quickly... :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:10:07 pm by La Loutre »
bwho9d
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2007, 06:23:45 am »

Why work for BoC when you can go right to the printer make make your own error notes!

Hmm...What font are the serial numbers printed with?  ;D

*prints extra fake serial number on bill*
-----
*Looks at computer clock* 3:23 AM  :o :o :o :o :o Holy c**p I gotta go to bed!

Login with username, password and session length