Author
Topic: Scotiabank's downsizing saga continues  (Read 5992 times)
AJG
« on: November 30, 2023, 08:25:27 pm »

It was reported in the news a few weeks ago that at least eight Scotiabank branches in rural Newfoundland are expected to close down sometime in 2024.  I believe the branch in Bonavista mentioned that they are slated to close next August or September.

And that's not all.  I received an email announcing that starting on December 4 (this Monday, as I post this), the branch I deal with is reducing their over-the-counter teller hours.  Human teller service will end at 2 PM on Mondays through Thursdays, and 3 PM on Fridays.  It is also implied that the main commercial branch in the inner city is not being impacted at this point.

In the words of Bob Dylan, "the times, they are a changin'".  And it's so true.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 08:27:01 pm by AJG »
AJG
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 09:07:41 pm »

Also discovered something on Google Maps, and there were some comments about this on Google.  A branch in Metro St. John's had discontinued over-the-counter teller service five or six months ago - all of the branch's cash are strictly in the ATMs.

Also, a branch in Mount Pearl advises customers to withdraw from the ATMs only - implying that they are wanting customers to learn to use the ATMs - likely because it's the way of the future.  One customer had an issue with it, as he wanted to get some coins from a human teller, but a female staff person told him he had to go to the ATMs which obviously have no coins.

Many Scotiabank branches are getting bad reviews as people are complaining about bad service and certain attitudes of tellers. Maybe it's because they believe the end is coming, and they are certainly not happy about it.

Login with username, password and session length