Author
Topic: A word to the wise...  (Read 4665 times)
jonathan
« on: November 15, 2004, 11:18:10 pm »

As you all know, the new $50 is only hours away, and for all of ye prefix collectors out there, a word to the wise is in order:

1. Ontario will probably get first shot at the new note on its release date.  Outlying regions will probably get them later on eventually. :)

2. Ask your friendly teller if they have them in, or when they will indeed have them available. 8)

3. Don't get restless tomorrow night. ::)  You will get the new notes eventually. :)

4. Tomorrow, try to get some of the "old" $50's in crisp condition, as they will be collectors' items down the road.   :)(See if you can get some 1975 $50's too! :D)

I wish all collectors the best of luck on their quest for the new $50 notes. ;)

If you get any, please give us your feedback.  We welcome your opinions. :)

Bye Fore Now, Jonathan  ;)
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 08:49:35 am »

Okay......

Marc :)
jonathan
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 11:25:34 am »

New question:

With the very recent aftermath of the snow storm in Nova Scotia, will Nova Scotia get their shipments of the new $50's later, as flights have been halted due to the bad weather and power outages?  (Not that it matters to me since I live in Newfoundland and we here in St. J's have not been affected.)

Jonathan
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 03:26:22 pm »

I doubt anyone here can answer that.  It is something that Brinks and other organizations need to deal with.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
jonathan
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 08:25:05 pm »

On November 16th, at 2:56 pm, BWJM wrote:
I doubt anyone here can answer that.  It is something that Brinks and other organizations need to deal with.

You've made a good point, Brent. ;)  However, whatever Brinks and its relatives does is not really any of our concern :-X.  We will get our fifties sooner or later, eventually. :)

As for the blackout in Nova Scotia, I heard that power may be restored to some of its customers possibly tonight or the next day. :D

Good luck on your quest for the "big reds". :)

Later!  ;)
Jonathan
(a.k.a. the "Money Man of the Millennium"! ;D)
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 08:55:26 pm »

Somehow I think Nova Scotians are more concerned with getting the power back, than $50 bills. :)

Marc :)
jonathan
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 09:27:39 pm »

On November 16th, at 8:17pm, hudsonab wrote:
Zero new $50s in Saskatoon!!  Will try Friday (the day cash orders are in for most of my contacts)

They aren't released until tomorrow.  Maybe, where you might be a bank employee, you thought that some banks in mainland Canada have their shipments of the new notes in their bank vaults awaiting release. :D

Also...

On November 16th, at 8:25pm, Marc wrote:
Somehow I think Nova Scotians are more concerned with getting the power back, than $50 bills.

I betcha that a lot of Nova Scotians (and many Canadians) don't even know that there is a new $50 bill coming.

Login with username, password and session length