Author
Topic: Do repeaters and radars not make money?  (Read 3434 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:12:51 pm »

A while ago in a forum on $1000 note there was some discussion which seemed to imply two things:

• higher denomination notes command less of a premium than a smaller denomination note (everything else being the same)
  • there is no money in radars and repeaters.

Recent postings in the trading forum seems to counter the above. Recent listings show the asking price as having a premium of between 25% and 50% on $20 polymer repeaters.

Also the asking on a $100 polymer repeater is at the same premium as the asking on a $20 repeater.

Hey at 25% return and a possibility of hitting a radar and a repeater in a brick I would have thunk that it is a decent return particularly now that we find that RBC is not charging any for getting the bundle and there is at least a 10% likelihood that the bundle may contain the required radar or the repeater ;)

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 11:41:16 pm »

Hey at 25% return and a possibility of hitting a radar and a repeater in a brick I would have thunk that it is a decent return particularly now that we find that RBC is not charging any for getting the bundle and there is at least a 10% likelihood that the bundle may contain the required radar or the repeater

You are basing this on information that is not totally correct. First of all the chances of getting a radar and repeater is not possible in every brick,
you are assuming this if the brick is consecutive, yet most $5 bricks, $20 bricks and some $10 bricks are not consecutively numbered and bricks may contain no radar and no repeater....and your out the brick fee....

so even if you get a radar in a brick, minus the cost of bricks that you didn't find any and I  don't think your profit is as high as you think , if in fact there is a profit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:42:52 pm by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length