Author
Topic: UNC LAWSON/BOUEY from ATM...  (Read 4391 times)
Bitburger
  • Nach deutschem Reinheitsgebot!
« on: August 07, 2006, 08:51:20 pm »

I received this afternoon from an ATM downtown new UNC Lawson/BOUEY 502...series...Very weird... :o
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:18:19 pm »

Since that particular signature was printed in very high quantities, its still pops up in the atms now and again but usually in no better than VF. Very surprising to see one still in UNC, it was your lucky day today.  :D
buxvet
  • Is there anybody in the ceremony is about to begin
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 10:43:21 pm »

A while back I went to a Tim Hortons' near Newmarket, Ont and was given a Thiessen Crow $ 20 as change and it was a "51" replacement. Was VF at best but still rare enough to even get one in circulation let alone a replacement
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:59:51 pm »

Last summer my mom to took out $400 from a BOM (through a teller) and I later asked if I could check the bills she withdrew.  All 20 were a mixture of 1969 and 1979 $20.00 notes.  None were above VF and there were no replacements, no short prefixes, or any numbers I would deem collectible so back into circulation they went.  I thought it was odd that the teller would give her the old bills.  There must have been a lot just deposited before she got to the bank.

When you hear about so many of these older notes reaching circulation, and hoards of 54's showing up, it makes me wonder if "baby boomers" are inheriting stashes of cash from their parent's safety deposit boxes.    

eastguy
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 01:15:14 am »

Bad news for Walktothewater

Boomers don't stand to inherit what you think because "boomers" still have elderly parents to care for and are only just starting to clear themselves from selfish and spoiled Generation X. The housing boom will crap out due to limited demand for "grand places"  unless you live in an immigrant influx area or Alberta.

When boomers get old it's not going to be pretty.......their footprint has been heavy on society and you will have to find a way to support rather than expect.
It's going to be a long road and you may not find lot's of 54 notes on route 66.

;Deastguy

EGUY
JB-2007
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 09:18:59 am »

A while back I went to a Tim Hortons' near Newmarket, Ont and was given a Thiessen Crow $ 20 as change and it was a "51" replacement. Was VF at best but still rare enough to even get one in circulation let alone a replacement
Indeed they are very hard to find now. But back in the 80's the crow-bouey/Thiessen-Crow 510, 516 were not that hard to find in circulation. Much like the birds AIX and EIX, i found at least ten of those back in the 90's and i even spent a few.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 01:41:29 am »

Bad news for Walktothewater

Jeez, if that's such "bad news" then I've got nothing to worry about!

Login with username, password and session length