Author
Topic: flip / mirror note...  (Read 3430 times)
Shylo
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:05:19 pm »

So in a previous post someone suggested that I go see "Al" at provincial coin and stamp in winnipeg..... and I must thank the person because it was a treat to meet such a nice guy. He didn't have much that I would be interested in purchasing but he did show me some really neat notes...

Anyways one of the notes he showed me... I think he called it a mirror or flip note... where the serial numbers are read the same right side up and upside down...

So I guess as a newbie I'm now looking at the serial numbers of all my notes... and I go to the ATM at costco today and low and behold I get a run of 2 (neat-0) FIA 4878900 & 901...

But then another note took my attention ERU 2167912... and thought.. well when I flip this over it reads the same.. Once again I thought it was a neat thing.. but thought I would put it out here and get your thoughts.. is this a "mirror" note?
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:16:50 pm »

I believe you meant Rotator Notes. Check out this post.

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=3702.0

Regards,
MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »

From your description it sounds like you are talking about a rotator note. A rotator note reads the same when flipped upside down and they can only contain the numbers 0, 6, 8 or 9. The center number (the fourth number in the serial number) can only be a 0 or 8.

Some examples would be:

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation

Login with username, password and session length