Author
Topic: Radar hunting at banks  (Read 3021 times)
CA_Banknotes
« on: April 04, 2007, 12:13:53 am »

Is my situation unusual?

There's this certain branch of BMO I go to in Mississauga very frequently, and they are a branch that has a very high in and out cash volume. Anyways, the cash dispensers the tellers use are consistently loaded with brand new $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100s, and when I notice a note is maybe 100-200 notes away from the radar, and when I ask nicely, they are willing to press another 200 notes out of the machine until the radar comes, and all I'm obligated to exchange for is the radar note. (They just seem to return the notes to their drawers, they don't seem to make it like a big deal).

Is it just me, or is my bank branch being extra nice? I got a $20 from them last week that was #6662666, but unfortunately they didn't have the nice solid 6666666, I was told that they had only ordered that brick of 1000 brand new $20s.

They have even offered to order me bricks in any denomination I want without a service charge, and they tell me they don't mind if I end up returning them, as they would just recirculate them back to customers anyways.

However, they are strict on the $1000 notes policy. They won't give me one even if they have them.  :'(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 12:19:33 am by can-banknotes »
hanmer
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 10:39:04 am »

Very nice situation you find yourself in. Nice RADAR note too!!!

Are the banks keeping the $1000's for a rainy day so to speak, or are they sending them back? I've been told they are being sent back to the BoC by a local CIBC branch. I've also been told at a local RBC that they have them but keep them.

[smiley=beer.gif]

:)

Login with username, password and session length