Author
Topic: any coin shops in Los Angeles  (Read 3291 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:49:04 am »

Hi members. I was wondering if there are any coin shops that you may recommend in LA downtown or the Santa Monica area.  Please email me at polar888ca(at) yahoo(dot)ca.  I may be heading down there in the futures and any addresses are much appreciated.

cheers

Polarbear
coinboy
  • CPMS # 1351
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:17:33 pm »

I asked the same question on Feb. 10, 2008....there was no response :'(......Hopfully this year maybe someone has some info. I'll be going there as well in March so would love to here from anyone who has had any dealings or knows anything :)

harwil4u2
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:43:08 pm »

I used the yellow pages the last time I was in L.A (5 years ago) and found what I was looking for. A coin shop and a gun shop all in one with a sign at the back of the shop that said "Go a head make my day"
coinboy
  • CPMS # 1351
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »

Didn't find coins & guns, go ahead make my , but did find the best burger joint in a while....Johnny Rockets....get the chile cheeze fries too. It's in Santa Monica third St.Promenade walking distance from the pier.

rarecoins2001
    • One coin per country collectors group
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 01:27:29 pm »

I went to 3 while I was in the L.A. area and they are few and far between most were at least 30 minutes of highway apart.  I found them using the Yellow pages.   Most had very little world stuff mostly just U.S stuff.   There was one in Glendale that had a  fair amount of world stuff but I do not remember the name.  I suggest calling around first unless you are looking for U.S coins or pawn shops.

Login with username, password and session length