Author
Topic: A Stupid Thought  (Read 10283 times)
CCCS
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 01:55:19 pm »

I am over 100, I guess you can count me in.

Louis
Wow, over 100 huh?  I hope the Queen sang "Happy Birthday" to you!  You must remember the 1912 $5 Train notes then; you would have been about 12 when they entered circulation.  :D

Well, I should but my friend Al Zheimer keep distracting me and I forget! What? me?

Louis
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 12:17:19 pm »

Louis is much older than I thought. The ancient value of such countersigned notes would be priceless.

Rick
CCCS
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 06:34:18 pm »

Rick, Your Very Senior Member status makes you even  ;Dolder then I. You make sure you sign some too.

Louis
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 07:49:59 pm »

Rick, Your Very Senior Member status makes you even  ;Dolder then I. You make sure you sign some too.

Louis
Good lord, look at what I've started  ([smiley=evil.gif]).  Louis, next time you see Mr. Zheimer, please ask him to say hello to a friend of mine, D. Mentia.  They live in the same neighbourhood.  :D

Bob
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 10:07:18 pm »

This may not be completely relevant to the discussion on autographed notes, but I thought there might be some interest in it.  Twenty-five or thirty years ago I was invited to be present when a former member of the BoC curator's staff interviewed an elderly lady who had been employed by the Department of Finance to sign Princess Patricia $1 Dominion notes.  At the end of the visit she consented to sign some then-current $1 bills for us, just as she had signed the 1917 Princess Pat's - see scan.  (I have been watching for a Princess Pat $1 with her signature since, but no luck.)

Collecting Canadian since 1955

Login with username, password and session length