Author
Topic: Vision counterfeit detector  (Read 4385 times)
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« on: January 07, 2006, 11:11:15 pm »

I saw the cooooolest thing the other day at Swiss Chalet!!! They have a Vision counterfeit detector on the counter, that also has like a 4" screen with it. When you stick the back of a note in it, only certain features show up on the screen, including only 1 set of the serial numbers on the screen. It doesn't matter how you manipulate the note, or cover it, only one set of prefix and numbers show up on the screen, the other is invisible.

So unless this is common knowledge, I can only believe that the right serial number is printed with a completely different type of ink than the other on the same note. How cool is that???
I think the right side is done with a U.V. ink, or vice-versa.
I still havent figured out how to link stuff, but just go to google and type Vision currency, or go to your local Swiss Chalet and check it out. :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:22:02 am by Manada »

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:27:46 am »

Oh, you mean it made images kinda like this? :D
{http://www.bwjm.ca/irpics/2005-10_R.jpg}

Sign up for the Canadian Paper Money Society, and in a future newsletter, I plan on writing an article about this technology, and how it has been used (knowingly or not) since the inception of the Bank of Canada and beyond.

I won't release any secrets beforehand.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:31:27 am by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 12:53:00 am »

Nice!!! Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for the photo, because I was just charging my camera, to take a photo tommorrow. I'm really looking forward to your article Brent. I've had all kinds of conspiracy theories about secret security features in our notes.

Manny
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:55:51 am by Manada »

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 04:06:31 am »

Just for all you non-CPMS members, if you become a member before I submit the article (most likely the June or September 2006 issue), then you will get it right away. I won't release my article online until at least the issue following the one where the article is published.

So, join the Canadian Paper Money Society! :)

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length