Author
Topic: Paper prices at the show.  (Read 4103 times)
sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:16:47 am »

Picked up an UNC 1935 Bank of Nova Scotia $10 at the show. After a year or so of watching these notes selling on ebay for upwards of 500.00 I was surprised to see one listed at 390.00. I got a bit of a discount on that so I was quite happy. I thought the book price was 400.00 but it is actually 250 for the $10 with the $5 at 400.00.  Still a great price for the nicest BoNS I've seen for quite a while. Will be interesting to see what the 5th edition brings.

The 1935 series seemd to be hot. By Sun afternoon almost everything was gone even though there weren't many paper collectors at the show. Anything UNC in asterisks were still well over book.

Canadian Coin News still has their new subscription bonus of a good price for the first year and they throw in a 2006 silver maple. With silver at almost 11.00 the maple is a great bonus.

Hamilton was a super show.

Gary
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:59:51 pm by sudzee »
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 08:54:55 pm »

It was a great show!

And good to see and other paper collectors (Brent, Stan, Gary, and others).  Thanks for snagging the radar for me Gary!

I browsed around a lot and found it a humbling experience (esp Olmstead's table) where 1935 $25.00 bills are  running in the thousands.  I wanted to get a nice low numbered Devi's (wish I had something decent to trade up with or mor CASH$) but settled for an UNC $2 ABX that came down $30 to $55 less than 2 other table I had my eye on...so I was happy.  Also got a  1954 B/C $10 *AD which was well below UNC prices just because of a little red ink on the border (I know all you folks prefer GEMS... but I don't mind settling so long as I have one).  With my $200 in traders I only paid $220 so I can't complain there...

I was actually surprised to see so many collectors going for the chartered notes.  I like some..but in general the appeal for most these notes surprises me.   But I guess that's what makes this hobby so interesting...what and how people collect

later
James

rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 03:00:33 pm »

The show being written about is the annual CAND show. This was the 8th annual, the 9th has now been booked for the last weekend of January, 2007.

Attendance was high as has been past practise.

Dealers reported brisk sales, Collectors found the layout and atmosphere to their liking.

Rick
TheMonetaryMan
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 04:17:13 pm »

Sounds like a good one, sorry I missed it.

Troy
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 04:18:49 pm by TheMonetaryMan »

Login with username, password and session length