Author
Topic: Canadian Centenial $1 bills uncirculated  (Read 4988 times)
yar1959
« on: September 16, 2010, 07:38:25 pm »

Have 14 of these bills and curious to see what they might be worth
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 07:41:26 pm »

Have 14 of these bills and curious to see what they might be worth
are they just the ones with 1867 1967 serial #
if so not much
can pick then up for about $2 each
If they have a prefix and 7 digit serial number you would have the post the prefix since the prices range.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
kai
  • Collector of world banknotes
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 12:58:26 am »

Friedsquid

I understand what you are saying but I just don't understand, after so many year and yet this commemorative note has so little collector's value. Was this note legal tender in Canada when it was first issued, and if so, it is still legal tender today? Thanks

http://paperbanknotes.blogspot.com

Welcome anyone who wishes to exchange uncirculated banknotes with me. Many Thanks
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 07:06:08 am »

Friedsquid

I understand what you are saying but I just don't understand, after so many year and yet this commemorative note has so little collector's value. Was this note legal tender in Canada when it was first issued, and if so, it is still legal tender today? Thanks

The notes were issued as legal tender and are still legal tender, yet many people as discussed in other posts have never seen a $1 note or $2 note for that matter..
Many people hoarded these notes and as a result are plentiful....
I remember even as a kid I personally hoarded them and they were easy to find and spot
They are a common note to be found in coin shops...shows...flea markets,,,EBAY etc...
I purchased 50 notes about a year ago in unc for the a public school event and they ran me about $1.60 each....
Not everything commemorative or old is worth money or rare...I think we all know that :)
Personally I like the look of the banknote, but many don't...as always it's personal taste
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length