Author
Topic: !974 $2 Huge Consecutive run...any extra value? Thnx  (Read 3310 times)
jvickers
« on: April 01, 2011, 07:50:15 pm »

Hi

Would a huge consecutive run of say 60 UNC 1974 $2 (only worth $9 in UNC) be worth anything more?

Any premium?

The notes i have are just Lawson Bouey 3 letters

The only reason i ask, is that these runs seem to go for a lot more on ebay than the 1973 $1's in accordance to their face value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:33:32 pm »

Personally I dont think a consecutive run has anymore value, but some people do seem to pay more...I guess a matter of personal preference...
The more notes the less rare...the less value IMO

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:04:03 pm »

Would a huge consecutive run of say 60 UNC 1974 $2 (only worth $9 in UNC) be worth anything more?

Any premium?

Your run of consecutive notes is not the same as a block of stamps. 

I have never seen premiums paid on runs of new (common) notes. In fact, the market will typically offer you less, just like when a book seller (or any other sales person) sells "batches" or a larger number of said product. 

So rather than expect $30 for three- I would expect $15 - $20 for three in a row.  Some people like having consecutive numbers- so they may be a bit easier to sell simply because some people (esp non-collectors) like to show off having a few rather than 1. 

The exception to this rule may be for fancy numbers or rarer varieties (errors), in which case premiums may be reached.

Login with username, password and session length